UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

I’d be fascinated in knowing if this government has / is undergoing more enquiries than any other? They are certainly a chaotic bunch, putting it politely.

Not sure any previous government has been investigated for wall paper though.

1 Like

I’m reluctant to wade into the whole issue, but I can’t be the only one who finds it a little fishy that most of the MPs who were facing deselection for a myriad of other reasons then claimed anti-Semitism as a reason for them to leave the party?

In this case I’m inclined to believe her, but I was just reading up recently about two different MPs (not that I can remember who) who were facing sexual assault/misconduct charges and therefore pressure to resign, suddenly claim that they were leaving Labour anyway because of anti-Semitism. I do believe her because she has subsequently rejoined the Labour Party, but also the allegations of the anti-Semitism that she faced herself were corroborated by another MP, Louise Ellman.

1 Like

Weren’t the Blairs scrutinised for curtains or something? Honestly, they’re nearly all arseholes.

I honestly couldn’t say. Either way the whole system is just simply wrong. Rory was right, the system creates elected dictatorships.

4 Likes

To be fair he might not have realised it was his birthday.

1 Like

I think Lord Agnew may be close to Gove…

A new party…

The show must go on :sweat_smile:
Well, on the bright side, it’s not about war and peace. Just ethics and such fiddly things like equality under the law etc. Could be worse. But it is getting a bit special now tbh.

Except this is just the tip of the iceberg. The chancellor appears to be stepping away from the upcoming rise In National Insurance - crediting Boris with the rise, and backbenchers are starting to complain about it too. This looks like those around him are looking to make moves and are just waiting for all this noise to peak.

1 Like

Work event. They always have cake with candles during meetings.

Lord Agnew on the march

3 Likes

I’m sure she suffered a lot of anti-semitic abuse, which isn’t OK, but she also suffered a lot of abuse for being a shit New Labour shill, who was parachuted into a safe Liverpool seat, against the wishes of the constituency, with no link to the community and pushing aside a popular, local candidate.

During the selection process she lived at the home of the sitting MP, who partner was also running the selection process, and therefore the ballots were sent to the house she was living in. Although both she, and the official claimed that was absolutely fine.

To underscore her commitment to the Labour Party and the city of Liverpool, she is now a Liberal Democrat trying to get herself elected in Golders Green.

1 Like

Uh Oh Oops GIF by tv2norge

2 Likes

Fuck off. That’s massively taking my words out of context and you know it. Grow up.

2 Likes

I’m just saying that it’s rarely a good idea to acknowledge that someone suffered horrific prejudice and abuse and then say, “but”…

You can’t really contextualise that.

And I’m saying it’s never a good idea to selectively quote someone cutting the quote at a point of your choosing to infer a meaning that expressly wasn’t there. Let me have a go.

OK.