UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

So sack the fucking lot of them - easy fix

1 Like

Fuck me

Being in the industry I know how this works but this is just out of control crap.

If this comment is regarding the leadership role, then I think it not true. A lot of the factors that saw Boris come to power have since ebbed away and a lot of MPs will want to distance themselves from him.

The new leader will probably be someone seen as someone who can unite the party while providing general leadership.

Thought this was a bit concerning from the Invrstors Chronicle comment on the EV battery announcement…

‘By the end of the decade, it will have the capacity to manufacture batteries capable of producing 30 gigawatt-hours of power. The non-profit Advanced Propulsion Centre estimates that demand from electric cars and vans at that time will be around 90 GWh.’

2 Likes

I don’t think planning on a project with a market share of more than 33% would be particularly sound. From a finance point of view, that statement says ‘this project will have demand to meet, even if our estimates are off by 30% or so’

1 Like

Thanks @Arminius, I had misunderstood it. I thought it was referring to individual battery capacity as opposed to industry capacity :rofl:

1 Like

That would be a fairly large battery…a Tesla will have a battery of 60-90 kWh, so the capacity is about 500,000 of those.

2 Likes

I feel my house needs one of those.

1 Like

That is not far from what the Tesla PowerWall is, with some integrated power electronics/controls and smaller (~14 kWh).

4 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

Except at school it was Tom Tugonthat.

James Corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

That would be Sir Gavin Williamson

Tired Oh No GIF by Liverpool FC

1 Like

Another enquiry. They’re going to run out of people to do the enquiring.

Imagine the fury if a Labour mp had been told they were too Jewish.

3 Likes

Enquires are important as they introduce a semblance of a uniformity in approach, conduct and out put. This is done over a carefully considered and protracted period of time and, when, it comes out, it has far sounding thoughts for implementation - at some point.

I’m not sure we have to imagine. Jewish Labour MPs have said the antisemitism they were subjected to forced them to leave the party.

It’s right that there should be an investigation. All prejudice should be exposed, subject to sanction, and eradicated.

2 Likes

For example?

Luciana Berger off the top of my head.

2 Likes