UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

@ISMF

This!!!

This is why we need a :nauseated_face: button!!!

2 Likes

Wow. That has to be the beginning of the end. De facto, he is saying he doesnā€™t have confidence in his own Cabinet, ergo his own government.

2 Likes

Yup, heā€™ll be calling for a no confidence vote in them tomorrow. Theyā€™ve just got to go and allow him and Carrie to get on with it. Just as she they planned.

2 Likes

Yes. Only two cabinet Ministers have spoken out publically supporting Boris this weekā€¦Nadine Dorries and George Eustace. Earlier today Sunakā€™s name was dropped (maybe by Eustace) as having been at one of the parties (birthday?) So there is clearly some politicking going on behind the scenes and this can only have made things worse for himself.

Iā€™m really not sure having Nadine Dorries stand up for you is a good thing!

2 Likes

The thing with news of the police investigation coming out today for anyone with an overly suspicious mindā€¦
Is that it might, just might, delay (indefinitely if past police investigations are anything to go by) the Sue Gray report from being published this weekā€¦ or is it just a coincidence I wonder eh!

Fascinating as I was thinking in the other direction where Dick had received a whisper in her ear from elsewhere. Just to help it all along.

Not sure anything will come of it given Johnson has proven pretty slippery at avoiding any jail time thus far.

1 Like

Thereā€™s also Ukraine coming up so keep delaying and carry on as you were.

If the police find there is no case to answerā€¦ Which is not beyond the realms of possibilityā€¦!!
Then that goes someway to dismantling anything damaging Sue Gray reports

Anyone else think itā€™s a bit odd that at a work place they sung happy birthday ?

Sure itā€™s something that happens with friends and family but never seen it in a workplace. Someone bringing in a cake sure (typically the person whose birthday it was) but singing to them ??

1 Like

I donā€™t think that itā€™s particularly weird.

1 Like

However the Met have apparently said that they have no objection to the report coming our and it could be released this week. According to the guardian.

Just a further thought. I wonder if the policeā€™s hand was forced a little by the story that the police on the gates to Downing St gave some pretty damning evidence to Sir Gray by all accounts

Might be evidence needed to justify the cull of junior ministers

Bunch of plebsā€¦

1 Like

It has been confirmed that it will be published tomorrow.

1 Like

Iā€™ve worked places where this was the norm, and places where it never happened. Think it depends on the size of the team and how fun everyone is.

1 Like

Never met them.

1 Like

I was mocking Andrew Mitchell

1 Like