UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

“Hi Vlad, bit heated here, would you mind mooching over to Kiev please? We’ll shout a bit but nothing dreadful. Public will forget all about a few silly parties in a few days and personally, I’m happy for you to have the Ukraine”

Truth stranger than fiction?

Perhaps I was just the miserable bugger who never got invited :joy: .

Now it is being reported that it might be delayed until Thursday as it hasn’t been shared with the PM yet. However Thursday is Holocaust Memorial Day so it might get pushed back until Friday.

That would be perfect. A quick Google tells me that Friday is “National Fun At Work Day!”

Haha

2 Likes

Just seen this.
https://twitter.com/lmharpin/status/1486094264593436684?s=20

So it might be out tomorrow after all.

1 Like

Ah, understood.

academy awards oscars GIF

Jonathan Pie very quiet, hope he’s ok. National treasure that bloke.

Just been shown this. Wow.

2 Likes

Forget sacking, Boz needs a spirit level.

Is he left handed or just pissed?

Busy thread today.

2 Likes

Could be he’s never sober. Drinking culture tends to come from the top. Ahem……

No. 10 still not seen the report apparently.

Apparently is doing the heavy lifting in that sentence.

No aspirations of a cabinet position then :wink:

PM must ‘respond and take responsibility’ for lockdown parties

Conservative MP Robert Halfon says he would like to see the prime minister “respond and take responsibility” following news that Boris Johnson faces a police interview over alleged coronavirus rule-breaking parties.

He tells Times Radio: "I don’t need Sue Gray or the police to tell me or my constituents of Harlow that what’s gone on has been pretty awful. We all feel let down and disappointed.”

Halfon, who’d been speaking about education, says he’d like to hear “the three Rs from the prime minister".

"How he’s going to respond to the anguish and upset from the public, how he’s going to take responsibility for himself and his own staff and how he’s going to reset the Government,” he says.

1 Like

They saw it last night.

Guardian is reporting that Liz Truss that Johnson doesn’t have it.

Odd or buying time?

Perhaps lying?

Wouldn’t be the first time…

1 Like