UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

That, is taking one for the team

3 Likes

Remember a few weeks ago when they found all the empty baggies in the bogs at parliament. Think I can hazard a guess at who’s been on the blow. A few cheeky pints in the parliament bar, smash a line, bollock your way through an interview. Seems straight out of the Boris school of politics.

1 Like

Reason #20,307 why Truss is a pillock.

2 Likes

Can’t blame the new deep voice on that.

Imagine waking up in the morning from a lovely dream, slowly coming round, and realising you’re Liz Truss. Must be existential.

2 Likes

You think she knows?

1 Like

Nitpicking here, but Ukraine is not an imperial colony, buffer province or satrapy and so there is no “the”. I realise some may have the habit of, from long ago, writing Ukraine in such a way, but you really shouldn’t.

I realise that he is desperate to survive due to, I guess history books (?), but it seems it would be prudent for him now to step down before it gets truly ugly. He seems to have overstayed his welcome and the rats are abandoning his ship.

How absurd is it that Ian Blackwell is chucked out of parliament for stating that Johnson mislead parliament

Yet Johnson can lie about Starmer repeating twitter smears about him not prosecuting Jimmy Saville.

7 Likes

Completely, I agree.

While it’s right that language in parliament should be accurate I’ve been appalled at how often Johnson in particular can say utter BS without being challenged.

Worth noting that this is also true of many politicians when speaking to the press. Very few are challenged.

2 Likes

Usually an odious git but admire him here.

1 Like

Dirty politics, lackey’s and lousy speaker who says it does not break the rules :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

I think Hoyle wasn’t wrong about what the rules are though right?

MP for Waveney.

2 Likes

A great deal of soul searching!!!

really?? How was it so hard?

1 Like

Searching for a soul?

1 Like

Apparently. I guess he didn’t find one and has decided to blame Boris. :man_shrugging:

I think almost any other speaker would not have allowed it to stand

Hoyle has stated again and again his role is not to get dragged into debate to determine accuracy of statements. He hides behind that.

For me it falls foul of rules for moderate language

https://erskinemay.parliament.uk/section/4871/general-requirement-for-moderate-language/

https://erskinemay.parliament.uk/section/4874/language-and-allegations-in-relation-to-other-members-and-members-of-the-house-of-lords/

Be it abusive, insulting or good taste. It was totally unrelated to the debate, it was not something for Hoyle to rule if statement was accurate. It was clear what the intent of Johnson’s statement was.

3 Likes