UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

1 Like
3 Likes

If I were Starmer Iā€™d almost be tempted to put that to a question tomorrow.

Will the PM open an inquiry on whether the PM broke the ministerial code with his statements yesterday?

1 Like

Long thread but worth a read.

4 Likes

Volume up

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Love it

1 Like
4 Likes

She is so right. UK money-laundering is a very major issue and one London doesnā€™t want to tackle because it means some capital flight.
Far more potent a sanction than NLAWā€™s to Ukraine, would be curtailing the Russian laundering in London.

And thatā€™s all from me folks.

Ps. That having been said, shipping NLAWā€™s was a positive development and a real contribution.

2 Likes

I was listening to a radio programme last week that said exactly the same thing. The UK has the power to really pressurise Putin by cutting this supply off. It wonā€™t, not while Boris Johnsonov is in charge. :wink:

4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

A bit of hoping for the best going on, the new cap will still be below some of the predictions, although the sheer size of the uncovered loss will be dramatically smaller. I will be curious to see the language by which the energy companies will be able to recover the losses backed by state loans by charging more in the future, it will have to be fairly ironclad. Somewhat of a perverse notion requiring the energy users of the indeterminate future (presumably 3-7 years) to subsidize current energy use.

1 Like

Interesting. Shorter term than I anticipated, which makes it even more of a bet.

1 Like