UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

It was the point of the article

Back on topic…

2 Likes

Given my recent Google experience of looking at Chelsea ownership, no thanks

I havent read the article yet but it seems odd to throw it out there that he was critical of Putin so long ago when over the last decade and probably longer he has been repeating Russian propaganda to justify his non interventionist stance in Syria, Libya and Eastern Europe for example.

3 Likes

Here we go again.

Anyone thinking that UK sanctions will really change anything needs to give their head a wobble. Yet another scam. There’s too much in the game to allow it to fall away or be sacrificed.

1 Like

The issue is Russia effect both sides. Not simply the Tories. The title of the article is “Russia-Ukraine war: Jeremy Corbyn was right all along about Putin”

It’s fair to say I think that is bollocks.

I am vocal critic of the Tory party (as evidenced above) but I think it’s absurd to argue that over the last decade Corbyn has been correct when it comes to Putin.

The primary example is Salisbury poisoning. It basically ended any hope of him being PM. He held an absurd position of neutrality despite overwhelming evidence. At the time the speaker had to intervene as his own MPs were shouting at him, his poll numbers dropped like a stone and never recovered

He was poorly advised by Seumas Milne and Andrew Murray who removed any Russian critical parts of his speeches. These were Corbyns two closest advisors. Men who went to events hosted by Putin. Murray himself is banned from Ukraine for his pro Russian stance. Milne who is very much pro USSR

At best useful idiots……

British politics is tainted by Russia, both the left and the right.

7 Likes

Just this.

1 Like

Somehow “tainted” feels a little lightweight

2 Likes

He’s too polite to type “infested with the most vile fucking pestilence. “

2 Likes

It will be fascinating to see if and how he does this. You could say there’s a bill or two that could be looked at.

1 Like

Johnson is The Walrus
Walrus

Corbyn would probably be Red Skull.

that’s nearly my entire year’s budget.

1 Like

Amazing how the Russians know the phone numbers of the UK defense minister and Home Secretary.

Mate, this wouldn’t be beyond Simon Brodkin, let alone foreign intelligence agencies.

People really should doing a bit fact-checking before jumping on the ‘Corbyn is an antisemite’, ‘Corbyn is a pro-Putin’, ‘Corbyn is this and that’ bandwagons.

As for Johnson, he goes where the money is. As long as Putin’s mates could hand him money, he’d take it all day long. Now, he’s a bit embarrassed, but can still turn to his friends in the Middle east, the sheiks. Don’t look further than the word ‘greed’. He’s all about that, and nothing else.

That’s why he comes across as so vulgar imo. I can’t for the life of me imagine how he and his cronies managed to lure the whole country into voting for them. The obvious truth is there to see for everyone taking the time to have a look at them.

5 Likes

The latter is partly explained by the former. A lot of people who may consider voting labour would not do so with Corbyn as leader.