UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

Yep. Poor choice of words on my part perhaps.worth noting the airport check in took a hell of a lot longer than it used to. Not due to Covid either.

Being honest I was more than a little embarrassed being there at times.

1 Like

Took us 5 mins to get into Bologna, Went back through security for flight to Spain, maybe 8 mins?

Manchester airport security was a solid hour at 5am on the way out and immigration at midnight on a Sunday was 2 hours. Thatā€™s not BREXIT thatā€™s just us being a fucking joke. AND I have a new British black passport :wink:

As do I. 3hrs to get out of the UK and a further 2 hrs at least in Italy compounded by a poor oriental girl who clearly had some passport issues.

Something caused the delay etc. Just saying.

Still felt like a British Twat half the time. Iā€™ll be far happier when the world recognises Welsh independence from the English elite.

3 Likes

Not sure weā€™ve made you that Offa yet? Niche gag I know :wink:

donā€™t buy shitty garbage from China. Problem solved. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bet the customs officer sure must have looked at you with your dark blue passport with envy.

Admittedly my trip in and out of Girona-Costa Brava two weeks ago was as smooth asā€¦for me.

But not so smooth for the couple across from us who got kicked off the plane because they tried to enter the UK on their European ID card (valid method until end of 2025) but they supposedly needed printed evidence of their settlement status (total BS) even though they showed them that status using the gov website. Despite all the protestations from the neighbouring seats including us that it was ridiculous. (Incidentally none of those complaining on the flight about the way they were treated were Brits :woman_shrugging:). Itā€™s not nice seeing someone crying as they get kicked off a plane through no fault of their own.

Just one example of the mess Brexit has caused. Iā€™m sure there are a hundred thousand others.

2 Likes

Probably a staffing issue to be fair but they were looking at passports very closely in Italy.

Whatever the reasons the journey there in particular was a whole lot more stressful than it used to be. So much so, I will look at driving next time.

Brexit is a complete disaster for the country as a whole.

Anyone who doesnā€™t see this is either:

An idiot; or

Maintaining a strong field of cognitive dissonance - perhaps because they feel they personally benefit in some way.

1 Like

Coming back to government corruption it is incredibly difficult to ignore the smoke.

1 Like

Depends how you define disaster. I can now eat my preferred straight bananas and buy pint glasses with the crown stamped on the bottom.

Seriously, there was always going to be a tricky aftermath but BREXIT was far more than just about pure Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£.

I had the opportunity to be rude to some English at the hotel I work at at 01:30 in the morning and took full advantage. So obnoxious Englanders!

2 Likes

I take it youā€™re joking?

Come to the hotel I work in and be obnoxious, after one in the morning, and youā€™ll find out. :grinning:

1 Like

whats the name & location of the hotel? :wink:

You do realise that most of the people on here are English, and nearly all of them are not obnoxious, donā€™t you?
Is it possible that some of them might not like being lumped in with your obnoxious hotel guests?
Is generalising about any group of nationality a good idea?

I hope your guests are now contrite :wink:

1 Like

Totally agree.
It was about international cooperation and solidarity. It was about working together with neighbours to find solutions to common problems. It was about building an international community based on shared values of freedom and democracy.

1 Like

And selling potatoes in Lbs again, obviously.

Decimalisation was the best thing that happened in my schooldays. Still no idea how many pounds in a stone or shillings in a guinea.
Could have sung for joy when that happened.

1 Like

14 and 21.

1 Like

You do realise I am English, donā€™t you? :stuck_out_tongue: :crazy_face:

1 Like