UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

Are the ages of your grandchildren? :rofl:

Donā€™t worry anyone in a LFC maillot gets 1st class polite treatment and even more. :smiley:

Excellent post. Dont forget though that the Brexit vote was only won by a very small majority and I will always maintain that the result would have been different if people had been told the truth or if Cameron had employed a half decent campaign.
Not to worry, all done and dusted now and personally the effect has been minimal . It did however help me to make a decision. .I had considered returning to the UK in my latter years but now know this will not happen as life is so much better for me in Spain.

3 Likes

Happy for you. Just wondering did you have to go through the whole Visa process thing? Not something I know a lot about other than many ex pat Daily Express readers were shocked to understand that choosing to live in a different country meant complying with the laws of that country.

1 Like

Very similar to some people who emigrate to the UK.

Cant say I have any experience of that other than people who legitimately want to settle here seem to happily do the necessary paperwork etc. This obviously excludes refugees, asylum seekers etc. who are basically on the run. Problem many had here was the absolute cluster fuck of a mess that didnā€™t really explain what they needed to do until the last minute.

Sadly you cant say the same for some (not all) ex pats in Portugal / Spain who were shocked to find the rules for their residency changed after the UK left the EU.

This sounds like a challange. @SBYM and @JU97ICE you guys fancy a lads trip for the Aussies on here? :rofl:

3 Likes

All that way for 500ml of Hieneken? :astonished:
I greet aussies normally, just Englanders I donā€™t like. :grinning: :rofl:

Grande Bier in a French hotel, ā‚¬9 ?

For you Klopptimist probably more :kissing_heart: but my Aussie friends can have one for free. :rofl:

1 Like

Gā€™day mate!

Wait, are you Australian ?

Alright, weā€™ve found Murdochā€™s account.

1 Like

Sarcastic Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

donā€™t forget the Canadian, eh?
Drunk Beer GIF by CBC

Even that renowned left-wing firebrand Camilla Cavendish is slating Fishy Rishi.

1 Like
4 Likes

Can we move these to the Ukraine thread?

3 Likes

This thread has more :rofl:

2 Likes