UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

I don’t see it as an issue. Could easily argue that it was reasonable to meet a legitimate business or public policy objective.

2 Likes

I know a guy that did that for a living. Had to beef up the suspension on his van to take the weight :flushed:

Lots of postage stamps sending out questionnaires. :no_mouth:

Never understood this. A business can discriminate on age? Can’t on sex, race, religion etc. Why is age any different?

It can discriminate (or favour) on all of these providing its necessary and proportionate to meet a legitimate business or public policy objective.

None get the feeling that the Sue Gray will be “washed”?

How is legitimate defined?

Season 6 Reaction GIF by Better Call Saul

Sue Gray is independent but meets Bojo before issuing her report. Yes I believe that… :no_mouth:

I thought she met with everyone who will be identified?

Recently or as part of the interviews that she undertook?

This development feels very wrong

Mhairi Black’s Epic Speech on Tory Fascism - YouTube

Never one to waste her words is Mhairi

5 Likes

I saw this. Food for thought but it will be laughed off in certain quarters, as she said it would. I do wonder if a few others may feel a little uncomfortable though?

1 Like

Thanks for posting, thats an outstanding succinct speech.

Rage, rage against the dying of the light
For if you do not then might will oust right

3 Likes

I doubt it, because those responsible- and their supporters- don’t have a conscience.

1 Like

I don’t know. Sure the likes of Johnson and his cohorts will laugh it off. A good few others too I guess but I can easily imagine 1 or 2 quietly sitting on the back benches squirming a bit at the choices they’ve been making over the last few years. Always nice to point that out to them.

Sadly about right…

:face_vomiting:

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP4ojq0W61I

1 Like