UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

Ain’t no cream gonna fix my butthole’s revulsion at the landed gentry and their mates.

1 Like

You should make it less welcoming to them…

I don’t understand this relationship you have with your anus but I won’t stand in your way… or behind you for that matter.

He’s behind Truss in the race to the bottom of the barrel

Yes, i think he is busted now and just throwing anything out there desperately hoping it works.

1 Like

I know its only Jolyon Maugham…but i havent seen anyone else on twitter break this down yet…

Slightly biased in one direction don’t you think? She’s basically taken the view that every “case” I’d winnable other than the no hopers.

Doesn’t feel very balanced method of analysis to me but I’m not a legal person, I am a person person.

1 Like

What’s the issue with Jo?

Not the most reliable legal commentator on social media.

Has been known to exaggerate court decisions and be selective of facts. Wasnt impressed with his behaviour towards Sunder Katwala here

https://twitter.com/sundersays/status/1552279964988411912?t=pENCqv5fvbZi1Tmlld1rTA&s=19

some further analysis here

1 Like

So much for levelling up.

2 Likes

Regarding the leadership contest, I don’t see what the attraction is to Truss? Admittedly from the outside, I would have though Sunak was the more sane(less potty?) choice. There seems to be so much tactical posturing going the obvious one being that the “newer” guard are getting behind Truss to get exposure and the older guard are hanging out in the background. I’m guessing that the conservatives see this leadership term as being a prelude to sitting in opposition and that the real battle will be who replaces Truss once the next election is lost…

What are peeps take on this Polly Toynbee article re Starmer just needing to keep up his small target approach to beat Truss, who she feels, will call a GE by the end of the year?

1 Like

I think it is a sensible approach. Once a GE is called a more expansive take can be made depending on what the Conservative party’s manifesto commits them to.

Not sure I see a GE being called by the end of the year though, although getting one early to build a mandate is understandable, but would suggest they are either worried about the state of the economy next year or beyond, or the new PM’s popularity possibly waning after 6 months in power.

Of course, if Truss had bothered to do the slightest bit of cursory research (such as speak to the Civil Servants that she supposedly works with) she would know that there is already a London weighting in the pay. Also, many in the CS are already only barely above minimum wage levels.

It’s interesting that when no journalist bothers to challenge them on really simple points, thick as shit entities like these can rise to the top of politics.

2 Likes

Interesting choice of words. Does this mean pay freezes for the next decade?

1 Like