UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

Well they’ve united this thread for the first time

Not sure I can get behind anything that has “u****d” in it…

As far as the candidates go - what new? Isn’t it always a choice between a douchebag and a turd sandwich?

1 Like

I’m not sure how brain dead you can get. The entire country suffering from exorbitant energy prices due to volatile fossil fuel prices so she rules out an obvious alternative. If it was a policy to make sure that roof space was used for solar instead of fields, I could see some logic to it but you won’t get that with this bunch. It’s almost as if crises are are not so much planned for as engineered.

1 Like

Corbyn is a has-been bit part player on the fringes of British politics.

Lizz Truss is about to be prime minister.

Where lies the clear and present danger?

2 Likes

It gets worse. Hinckley B was shut down yesterday. Both reactors within the last month.

In the middle of an energy crisis the government close down a BIG power source that was running the day before. You couldn’t make it up. They then look at extending coal fired stations.

I don’t think they even looked at it as an option.

1 Like

I would say with Liz Truss, especially if she stands too close to a fire. I fear she will melt.

Don’t you mean bucket of water?

1 Like
1 Like

No, I am certain she is synthetic

Corbyn, he’s a communist disguised as a communist. Very nasty stuff!

1 Like
5 Likes
2 Likes

I don’t much about freeports but I believe they are full of loopholes.

I heard on such story of a chicken farmer in Australia being able to undercut the UK market because of them somehow. I honestly don’t know how this would work.

I don’t think the Liverpool freeport was regarded as a particular success. It tended just to relocate existing economic activity rather than create new business. Globally they are associated with money laundering.

3 Likes

Yes, thats why we stopped using them, and most other countries dont bother with them either.

Indeed. It’s quite a U-turn from the Tory party having worked to get rid of them.

Makes you wonder what is their real motivation behind this.

He also concedes that criticism of the Mesopotamian wheel may have been premature and Copernicus perhaps wasn’t a heretic.

5 Likes

He’s still blaming the French though as well and not the fact that we wanted to be a 3rd country.

I experienced this with my trip to Italy in March. Getting out of the UK was bad enough thanks to airport staff levels but passport control in Italy was equally as bad. It took us close to 2hrs to get through and collect bags etc.

1 Like

3 Likes