UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

100%

Just as they have been trying to vilify GP’s they will turn on lawyers defending human rights.

2 Likes

It may have been that he was saying yesterday that it was very easy for people with no understanding of the ministerial code to think he broke it. I think it was him, so he may have been pushed?? Purely guessing

Shocked Pop Tv GIF by Nightcap

he is the slug

3 Likes

There must be an idiot’s guide to being PM too.

1 Like

@Noo_Noo Got the front cover already done

A bit of bile rises up whenever I see Carrie Johnson’s design choice for her living room. Is the ceiling also wallpapered in the same pattern?!

It has the feel of Umbridge’s room/school office(?) in one of the Harry potter films. All pink and soft but every mm lined with malice and haughty-ness.

2 Likes
1 Like

But but but I WON!

Funny how you have to scroll three-quarters of the way through the article before the catch, which should have been mentioned at the start, appears:

“… there are 17 official reasons or “grounds for eviction” that landlords can give.”

All a landlord need do is say that they are planning to either sell or move into the property; that’s hardly protecting tenants.

1 Like

If the landlord is abusing this reason by pretending to want to move in but if they really do want to move in, surely they have every right to subject to reasonable notice and compensation according to tenancy agreement? I would also expect the eviction tribunal to follow up on the reasons given for eviction

3 Likes

I half expected the main problem would be the lack of enforcement or unclear policies or rules rather the fault of landlords or tenants

In Ireland,if this is the reason given and you know they don’t follow through then you can make a complaint.If this complaint is upheld(which should be easily proved) then you’ll be awarded damages.
We’ve always had similar legislation to the uk so i think it could well be similar in this case.

2 Likes

An owner of a property ought to be able to reasonably recover possession of that property. To suggest otherwise is a bit fucking mad and were that to change would be the death knell of private renting.

Landlords aren’t being given more grounds to recover possession, they’re having existing grounds reduced.

1 Like

Better comedian than Boris.