UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

What brilliant way to totally misread the room. Go Liz!

1 Like

So this is all on my shoulders?

In your response, you have not provided any factual content to support your view. There was no factual evidence provided by either side on which to base a rational informed decision, just speculation.
Both parties put out a lot of mis-information, so what happened to the high levels of unemployment, housing market crashing and the fear of an emergency budget?

How can anyone fact check before the event? Also, if your not open minded you are going to accept views which fall into the narrative you have accepted, which is pure laziness in your thinking.
Why don’t you form your opinion by researching the subject and be prepared to accept some parts of your arguments maybe wrong. Remember that at some point people believed the Earth was flat!!!

The irony in this post is making my head explode

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

When Truss becomes PM :frowning: Labour should have a free run at winning the next election.
If they lose against her they should just give up and form a football club.
Sadly Neverton is already taken.

If you have taken the time to respond, why don’t you make a point.
If this debate is proving to taxing for your mind, please take a paracetamol. I am sure you will feel better. Otherwise stick a crayon up your nose.

The Mail are setting her up as the second coming of Thatcher. Don’t think it will help this time. She is as think as two short planks

1 Like

I noticed that with the mail at the start.
Tugendhat was down played and ridiculed whilst Truss was held up as the Second Coming.

By this post you are clearly not thinking straight. Remain is the status quo. We knew exactly what we were getting. We were getting the same as what we currently had. Those were the cold hard facts. I don’t need to provide content to support my view that what I had in 2016 is what I wanted to keep.

We could hold a referendum tomorrow on eliminating the sun ( hey humans carrying that out is as possible as carrying out a positive Brexit!) and I could be told by elite arseholes that eliminating it would mean less weeds in our garden and less skin cancer, yet id always know that the benefits far outweigh any theoretical negatives.

The misinformation line I’m not going to even even go into. The Remainers made some (very few) doomsday calls. Leavers were all over the show with Putin/Trump/Johnson style misinformation. Yet we are far closer to the doomsday scenario than the pixie-dust-covered polished turd Leavers were trying to sell us.

As for the last line I’ve quoted above, as I’ve said, there were neutral websites that fact checked all the claims. Pretty much none of Leavers claims of the current situation were true. If something looks too good to be true, it probably is. Voting for Brexit was like clicking on the link in the ‘you are owed £6000 from HMRC’ email, or providing your bank details because you have inherited $12,000,000 US (always US$) from a Nigerian prince.

4 Likes

You’ve overlooked both the power of the rightwing media and the stupidity of the British electorate.

2 Likes

And the ineptitude of Labour

2 Likes

No matter how inept they may be, they are still infinitely preferable to the Conservatives.

2 Likes

At least she can spell :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

It was a freudian slip.

I didn’t mean their ineptitude in office, I was more referring to their propensity to shoot themselves in the foot at election time, either by moving so far into the middle ground as to be indistinguishable from the Tories, or by espousing wildly radical policies out of touch with the electorate.

Interestingly, instead of realising they’ve been conned, leave voters have a tendency to double down on their position, in much the same way as people tend to do when they’ve sent money to a Nigerian Prince or invested in a tax scam.

I wouldn’t be so sure.

3 Likes

She couldn’t run a branch of Greggs.

1 Like

If you think there’s anything clever in that post then it’s you that’s clearly familiar with crayons