UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

Such a mess…

2 Likes

I’ve worked in Rwanda. Heard the screams of prisoners being tortured at night. It’s a brutal dictatorship, that’s playing a large part in prolonging conflict in neighbouring countries like DRC. Our government knows this. They don’t care

4 Likes

You’re possibly missing something here. Publicise to the world that if you do the boat trip to the UK, you’re being sent to hell. We can’t torture and murder them but we can threaten them with it and ship them out.

Not sure what your point is?

1 Like

I don’t think anyone is missing that. It is of course not even remotely close to the way the UK has undertaken to treat refugee claimants in multiple international agreements.

5 Likes

But they are.

I mean that’s obviously the reason they’re doing it. Still not sure what your point is. That it’s the right thing to do?

1 Like

That they are pretending they will send them to Rwanda but are not really going to do it?

FIFY

And yet the boats are still coming. It’s hardly an effective deterrent.

4 Likes

It’s not, and doesn’t need to be. Its sole purpose is red meat for the racist base.

4 Likes

Sorry I meant to say it’s being sold as a deterrent.

Worth noting the number of people that thought brexit would sort this is quite concerning.

1 Like

Not surprised at all by that. Starmer doesn’t know where to go, caught between a rock and a hard place.

2 Likes

He’s caught by his lack of bollocks to do anything.

2 Likes

Ironically Brexit may be the best political move the Conservatives have ever made.

3 Likes

:see_no_evil:

The irony of their leader being on holiday since 2019

2 Likes