UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

I already know which crisp I want :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

The one begets the other. Right wing on a Liverpool forum, I do appreciate I have it coming. I’d be a liberal on a Chelsea forum :joy:

1 Like

You`d be a pain in the arse on there as well :joy:

2 Likes

I take that as a compliment. Never do anything unless somebody somewhere really wishes you wouldn’t.

no. no you didnt.

1. you used to ship people of all ages convicted of such heinous crimes from murder, to stealing a loaf of bread becuase they couldnt feed thier family, they were then basically locked up to do solitary as an induction and forced into labour camps…quite a few would have been fitter, smarter and stronger than most of the landed gentry of the day…not ‘runts’.

2. most of the aussie cricket team probably can follow thier bloodlines to the ten pound poms post WW2, not the first fleet.

6 Likes

Way to spoil a good story :wink:

1 Like

Or quotes Pratchett?

2 Likes

" Hyper-dominance by a small minority of people" - The Pareto Principal explained by Jordan Peterson.

I know… cat/pigeons, etc

I love the first Mog book and how after Mog alerts Mr Thomas about the burglar, he gets a cup of tea while the police officer arrives. You can see the burglar already questioning his choices and being ready to reform.

:man_facepalming:t2:

Well then, Mr Chancellor, how about targeting the most assistance at those who pay no tax (ie earning under ÂŁ12,570 per year) and then basic rate taxpayers (those on between ÂŁ12,570 and ÂŁ50,270)?

Or would that make too much sense?

4 Likes

Because quoting one of the greatest writers of all time who’s use of a critical world view and a sumptuous use of humour is a bad thing? Ever read any or just read reviews in the left leaning press? Read them all, many times? Doubt it somehow.

Paywall mate, quick paraphrase of copy paste? Cheers.

Home Secretary: Suella Braverman

Chancellor: Kwasi Kwarteng

Defence Secretary: Ben Wallace

Chief Whip: Therese Coffey

Leader Of The House: IDS

Chancellor Of The Duchy Of Lancaster: Lord Frost

Transport Secretary: Kemi Badenoch

Health Secretary: Nadim Zahawi

International Trade Secretary: Anne-Marie Trevelyan

Scottish Secretary: David Mundell

Welsh Secretary: Sir Robert Buckland

Business Secretary: Simon Clarke

Culture Secretary: Nadine Dorries

Environment Secretary: Ranil Jayawardena

Work & Pensions Secretary: Chloe Smith

Communities Secretary: Edward Argar

Justice Secretary: Brandon Lewis

Northern Ireland Secretary: Sajid Javid

Education Secretary: Michelle Donelan

Obviously, that isn’t finalised but it’s clearly been leaked to the Telegraph.

3 Likes

https://12ft.io/ paywall bypass site :+1:

2 Likes

I’m just saying I don’t think Terry Prachett was an advocate of the death penalty.

1 Like

Never said he was. Just like Shakespear wasn’t an advocate of stabbing Roman emperors.

Who was that? A Neolithic British friend of yours?

If I spelt his name wrong then mea culpa. Dyslexia and all that.

I expect your Neolithic friends don’t care and they probably don’t comment on your dyslexia either.