UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

How dare you mention French plugs. Damn stupid design however even worst are the multisockets. 5 sockets on the thing but only 3 can be used, the most infuriating nonsense ever deserving of a 101 thread.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry, what?

Itā€™s a design thing the plugs end up covering the socket next to it. You end up with multisockets on multisockets, bloody mountains of the things. Of course you could change the plugs on some things but you always end up with the wires going off in the wrong direction. The worst is that these transformers (that we have loads of these days) are too wide for the allocated space so can cover 3 sockets. Itā€™s so fuckwitted. Thatā€™s for the plugs with earth gets even worst for multi sockets without earth or combination multisockets. Oh! and the earth is a silly prong that ticks out of the socket. UK plugs and sockets are sooo much better (all the same, same size designers then only have to get the plug right and usually thereā€™s enough space on a multisocket to put transformers in a line next to each other.

1 Like

Just when you thought things couldnā€™t possibly get worse:

1 Like

So if the plug sockets are so shiteā€¦ why the bloody hell are you still living in France!?!
:rofl: :rofl:

Tory peer Lord Marland, a longstanding friend of the Prime Minister: ā€˜likely to run for PM again after building up bank balanceā€™

With friends like theseā€¦ Surely they are just taking the piss now?

Do you decide where you live over plugs and the sockets for them. The good thing about plugging things in is once sorted you donā€™t need to keep plugging and unplugging. thereā€™s switches to help you there :joy:

Wine, cheese and women are more important than plugs and sockets.

2 Likes

Do you have a link for his gofuckyourself page?

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t bet against it. Truss will be an absolute disaster (because sheā€™s actually a fucking idiot, not a well educated muppet pretending to be one)

Odds on BJ being PM in time for the next election? Who originally wrote that truth is stranger than fiction?

1 Like

I take it thatā€™s betting odds from somewhere? Itā€™s actually a surprisingly reliable way of opinion polling.

Yeah, ladbrokes.

1 Like

I remember reading about this recently, where there could be mispricingā€¦

http://ubplj.org/index.php/jpm/article/view/1796

1 Like

Where can you bet on this winter to be a colossal shitshow?
That would be a guaranteed payout.

Is this what they call an alternative viewpoint?

What vile and putrid excrement

4 Likes

Please don`t tell me you read the article :astonished:

I didn`t,the headline was bad enough.