UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

What could have possibly given you that idea :rofl:

1 Like

Outlaw marraige so you wouldn’t even have to worry about divorce

Yet Boris Johnson has been Mayor of London and PM, you honestly think he wouldn’t immediately throw his hat into the ring and more than likely would get the votes.

Who else might be interested, well everyone else who runs for PM, so President Truss? President Sunak?

Trump- like celebs? Are you going to be happy with President Sugar or President Branson?

I’m just not seeing how any of this is an improvement on what we already have which is an elected goverment and an essentially benign Head of State. Why in a Republic would we suddenly end up with somebody better than Charles who actually has decades of experience for his role.

3 Likes

It’s not really a career plan, anymore than planning to win the lottery. If your daughter said her life plan was to marry a prince, you’d be telling her to get a fucking grip.

But I suspect you know that, and you’re being as serious as I am when I floated the idea of breaking the queen up into smaller parts for regional use.

1 Like

But isn’t that what Kates family did? Wasn’t one of their relatives from a few hundred years ago a side piece with a previous ruler ? And like most of the hangers on who cling to the notion of being somewhat having royal links , desperately try to get back into that circle again …again like the Middletons did .

2 Likes

Camilla, famously, was of course plucked from working class squalor to win the heart of Prince Charles. :thinking:

Just read that Kate and William are 14th cousins once removed from sir William Gascoigne and his wife lady Margaret from his mother’s side and 15th cousins from his father’s side (presume that bill gazzas lineage)

But she is the only royal to have shopped in Sainsbury’s

Practically a prole then :joy:

I quite specifically said I wouldn’t recommend it. Once again, I was explaining that it is possible for your offspring and their progeny to become royal.

You using an axe or some kind of ceremonial sword?

Hey, I’m due there later today. Their greens are good enough for our bunnies so all the royals are cool there. If you won’t eat it yourself, don’t feed it to your mamian pets.

Spell checker having a hard day today….

You people are strange. I don’t mean that as an insult, just an observation.

4 Likes

rachel zane GIF by Suits

2 Likes

If the Queen was pieced up we could have various observation centres and people wouldn’t have to queue for hours.

1 Like

There’d just be a twitter uproar about who got the best bits of her.

My word folks, where are we going with this?

1 Like

I don’t know, it sounds a bit like religious relics. It would probably end up about as reliable with alleged bits of her maj on display in glass display cases throughout the land.

There’s a lot to be said for no nonsense direct cremation, isn’t there?

2 Likes
1 Like

I mean, in a fairness, it’s a good job they cancelled our match in advance. It looks like a case of damage limitation.

1 Like

I don’t think you are properly considering what a beautiful, moving national moment could be created by a ceremonial dismembering of the late monarch.

Throw Away Dirty Work GIF by MOODMAN

1 Like