UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

Let’s say mid high school.

1 Like

Excellent, masses of red tape and everything being banned.

2 Likes

@Mascot

Jacob Rees-Mogg

Psychopath?

Pretty alarming stuff, and it will be interesting to see how he is viewed in future years.

Stop trying to confuse me, what the fuck is high school?
Where do you live to have high schools in your area?
It’s like in France at college you start in 6th form and finish in terminal (that’s about right actually) it’s all done to fuck with my head. :crazy_face:

Fuck it just answer the question!

From today’s Telegraph:

Opposition to fracking in the UK has been funded by the Putin regime, Jacob Rees-Mogg claimed on Thursday, as he faced backlash from his own party for lifting a three-year moratorium on shale gas extraction.
The Business Secretary accused those who oppose fracking of “hysteria” and “ludditery” and announced drilling will recommence in the “national interest,” even if it risked causing earthquakes.

Spot the irony.

5 Likes

I blame the lack of political leadership. If we had proper political leadership since last September, unlike under the current regime, we’d have no such thing.

Oh wait.

1 Like

There’s no irony here, it’s straight out of the gaslighting playbook.

1 Like

Considering Putin supporting russian “businessmen” have pumped millions into the Tory party over the years…it’s almost as if JRM is attempting a stand up comedy routine.

1 Like

When looking at news coming out of the UK these days, I don’t know anymore if I should

or

Following on from yesterday I’m just about convinced the Tories are setting up to lose the next election and make it an absolute shit show for a Labour government to fix.

I hope there’s a special place in hell for politicians that think like this.

4 Likes

If the Labour party have any sense the first thing they will fix is the constitution to prevent anything remotely like the Tories (whether from the left or right) from getting a sniff of power again.

I noticed that Gordon Brown made a speech regarding constitutional reform yesterday but I suspect this is aimed at Scotland rather than the UK as a whole.

1 Like

So Moggy is selling Somerset Investment Capital.

Any coincidence that it happens 2 years out from an election?

There is, it’s called parliament

2 Likes