UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

This is pathetic. A cost of living crisis and the most important things to do are:

• End banker bonus caps
  • Cutting National Insurance, which only the better off pay
  • Ending the highest rate of income tax, which surprise surprise, who pays?
3 Likes

And he didnā€™t allow the Office of Budget Responsibility to have a look at the impact of this budget as they usually do.

I wonder why.

Markets are jumpy

2 Likes

The Pound is taking a pounding which shows markets are concerned about the level of additional borrowing which will be required to make this budget ā€œworkā€.

Just the height of irresponsibility/incompetence.

1 Like

Ouch!

I think we can all agree with that.

2 Likes

Graphs can look awful if you set the scales correctly.

Take your pick then:

Thatā€™s world commodities. All things being equal the pound in your pocket now buys 18.98% less since this time last year. Many people havenā€™t had that much in pay increases in the last 10 years.

2 Likes

No question thereā€™s been a constant decline. As a frequent traveller to the US, makes me want to cry.

Labour would be much worse though :rofl::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Just imagine how much worse it would be if we hadnā€™t had the Queenā€™s funeral, huh?

Iā€™ll admit I really expected a spike after all the pomp. Was expecting quite a good jump (although after 23 years of marriage I should know better)

Donā€™t worry; the benefits of the 39% pay rises FTSE 100 executives have enjoyed over the last year will soon trickle down to the rest of us.

In other news:

3 Likes

Genuine question - why would it have provided a jump? The tourism factor or just because of the occasion itself?

1 Like

Have I missed some other news? FTSE is in freefall:

1 Like

https://bills.parliament.uk/bills/3340/publications

:eyes:

3 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes