UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

As an American jaded by how bankers run our government, it’s comforting to know the British bankers will enjoy larger bonuses while the working classes struggle.

2 Likes

So you are buying the pound in solidarity?

Just saw a NIESR forecast that shows UK interest about double (2.25% ->5%) over the next 12 months to finance the mini-budget announced.

2 Likes

Did you see the Queen’s funeral? Of fucking course I am

Should call it The Charles Dickens Relief Act. Here’s a couple lumps of coal,
Bob Cratchit, to get you through the winter. Now here’s a biiiiiig tax cut for you, Ebenezer. I’m sure he’ll give Bob a tasty raise come Christmas.

3 Likes

Holy crap, you need to get on that then, 1.09 versus USD

All-time low was 1.042, February 26, 1985 - but that was a very odd day, much of that month it was in the current range. Hard to parse meaning from the forward price curves either, there is no joy to be found there

1 Like

Sums it up quite nicely.

3 Likes

More of the same it seems. Blame staff for a failing service

4 Likes

They should be handing out t-shirts at the Tory party conference next month, emblazoned with the caption “It’s always somebody else’s fault”.

3 Likes

8 Likes

wasnt me music video GIF

1 Like

Have you ever considered moving to a communist country? Now or in the past … :sunglasses:

Why are you asking this?

Why did’t you do it it seems to me that it would suit your way of thinking/how a country should be run much more.

If you can sniffing your own balls surely is the best way forward.

I don’t know why ‘deliberate devaluation’ isn’t the major concern in all these discussions. It’s obvious that this is the strategy. I don’t know why the UK depends so heavily on this tool but it is the go to and it’s frightening. When you live in a country that produces nothing but pork pies this strategy should be a major worry. I know it decreases consumer confidence so people stop spending but that doesn’t mean they are saving it’s just they can not afford as much, surely!

2 Likes

Here we go, fucking laughable and how the UK public lap it up every time, what a bunch of plonkers!

You haven’t concidered the scale, that’s peanuts just wait a week!

Ok your knickers will dry on a solar panel but a windmill is so much better dries them in less than half the time.

You could have lived in France when the UK was in the EU. No visa requirement and concsidered communist by many in the UK and Dutch! :joy: