UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

He sounds like an alcoholic.

I think thereā€™s a difference here between people who think they can do what they want, and someone who sexually assaults others on a compulsive level. The latter is more of a medical condition, and is sometimes seen in people who have been through traumatic sexual assault themselves, while the former is more of a Conservative condition.

If itā€™s the latter, I do think he should stand down and seek treatment. If itā€™s the former, I think the country ought to vote them out.

2 Likes

Axe Stunt GIF by Beastie Boys

No, I have no idea. I could speculate as to the many possible reasons but the purpose of asking the question was to discover if anyone knew or had seen the reasons reported.

Do you know the reason(s) then? In all cases?

I can hazard a very educated guess, and itā€™s likely the same reasons why complaints donā€™t tend to come out against powerful, influential, connected people until someone is brave enough to break to dam.

3 Likes

Are you sure about the bit in bold text?

Anyone heard Starmers brexit speech yet?

More to the point anyone gullible enough to believe any of it ?

Why would he lie? Nothing to be gained from it.

:joy::joy: really? Except heā€™s trying to win back the ā€œred wallā€ and convince them that they can trust him, heā€™s as smarmy as Blair was and as pro European as his former master is .

Tories are fucked because they canā€™t win without Boris .

Labour are fucked because they have no backbone .

Edit *
Been re-watching some of those Mike Lynch videos, and this is exactly what the Labour party needs, he states in one of them that basically labour has been disconnected from the working class since Blair and labour has forgotten its roots, half of what they say is just spin and soundbites.

If labour could come up with politicians who actually understand the working class then maybe they could have a chance, but no doubt if they ever got in , theyā€™d bend knee to the Davos crowd like Blair an Brown before them and sell the working class out yet again, once bitten twice shy.

Which is a shame cos the Tories are useless as they are

1 Like

Er yeah because heā€™s not going to say that weā€™re rejoining the EU or the single market. Its the logical thing to do because of the reasons you state. I dont see how standing up, calling the Boris Brexit as a complete hash, which it is, and proposing ways to make it better while respecting the core referendum result is a bad thing. Plus to counter t correctly (which wont happen) the blonde buffoon needs to basically admit his Brexit is shite, which it is.

I think youā€™re letting your ā€œall politicians are lying bastardsā€ get in the way of logic again.

Otherwise, a working class leader, fine in principle but does that win you GEā€™s these days? Iā€™d like to say it would but I doubt it somehow.

1 Like

Erm he is a politician, and they are by nature lying bastards.

Agree with this tbf. Starmer trying so hard to get the optics right that no one knows what he stands for. Though you canā€™t slate him for not saying heā€™d re-join single market, then state that Mick Lynch should be doing the job instead

1 Like

Corbyn wasnā€™t. But it does seem to be an essential trait to get into power

And there it is. Whatā€™s the alternative?

A working class liar?

One of those videos of Mike Lynch, think it was on news night, where basically he calls a Tory out something like 15 times as a liar, and the z rated Tory that I have no idea nor interest in who he was, with his cuprinol woodstain typical Tory Tim nice but dim haircut just went into Blair mode of pressing the thumbs against his fingers and talking blah blah blah, whilst the BBC didnā€™t even ask him to respond against what Mike Lynch was saying .

Sorry but Starmer is cut from the same cloth as Blair imo, and too many career politicians have no idea of the real struggle working class people face each day, especially when they voice their worries and watch year after year how they are let down .

4 Likes

Seriously I think the timing of the railway strikes could not have happened at a better time, the amount of ridiculous questions lynch had to answer (many occasions the same ones by different channels ) was comical and nothing to do with what he was trying to convey.

Many unions missed a trick there, itā€™s a shame that unions donā€™t seems to work in ahem unison together, I think they could have more of a positive effect on the country if they organised a bit better they could have had a positive couple of weeks coverage .

But sadly the RMT was alone on the first round of strikes, and many people buy into the ā€œpeople are dying because of your strike actionā€ā€¦itā€™s a horrible thought that we canā€™t expect to have a decent wage without the government and the MSM attacking people who are just trying to highlight the struggles some are facing now, sad part is when the majority are facing them at an even worse point in the coming months it may be to late .

3 Likes

Iā€™d need to check but Iā€™ve got a vague suspicion that unions coordinating in such a way might be an offence.

2 Likes

Pretty sure it is tbh, but if we are facing anarchy in the coming months/years, may as well break it as an organisation and force change now rather than wait for for the final nail in the coffin before we realise itā€™s officially game over .

1 Like

2 points

a) Not sure Starmer is a career politician given that heā€™s had a career in law before moving into politics.

b) Pretty sure you cold make a compelling case that Lynch is now a politician also

As a side note, Iā€™m not some Starmer fan boy, more a case of despising Johnson and co. to the point where Iā€™d have Kermit the Frog as PM over him.

2 Likes