UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

Ignore the referendum for now. Look at the UK finances and his policies. He robbed us blind and then had the balls to lobby Johnson for more.

On the referendum your query proves my point. That whole thing drove a massive wedge into the UK population that was flooded by the right wing press being driven by individuals looking to capatilise on the chaos. From his decision designed to address an internal party problem we got a divided society, Farage, and Johnson. They don’t exist without lighting that fuse. We wouldn’t be having this conversation.

1 Like

and guns

Michelle Donelan gone now. Worst kept secret is politics, Boz goes today.

Groundhog Day Goodbye GIF

1 Like

I see you’re doing a list of both the pros and cons :wink:

Would this conversation had happened if Blair had delivered 20 years plus ago? And more to the point would it have been accepted if the result was the same ?

Sorry but Brexit is a result of lies by politicians to the public about EU membership from the very beginning of we are joining only as a trading nation , and when people realised that basically they were lied to resentment seeped in for many, and yet the fact that membership was built on a lie is fine with many, and just gloss over it and blame any mess on Boris.

Boris for all his faults did deliver in some ways on what other have said they would do but have lied and failed to do, because they wanted to be superstars for the elitist EU.

BBC think Boris is resigning today.

3 Likes

Sky saying the same,saying it’s already done

Apparently he’s gone ?anyone confirm

Ha, on the contrary I can’t think of a single pro in either

1 Like

Johnson did not knowingly unleash Covid on a population.

Thatcher financed, directed and supported pre-meditated terror on an innocent civilian population.

Yes, I suppose they are the same.

Have a good day.

Press assembled at Downing Street. Statement any second.

Apparently, his plan is to announce his departure, stay in post over the summer while a leadership contest happens, and then finally leave in Autumn.

The 1922 committee might have something to say about that. There are questions about his ability to form a government.

1 Like

Neither can Jacob Rees-Mogg, whose job it is to identify the benefits of Brexit. Oops.

4 Likes

While I think Johnson is the worst ‘human’ of the lot of them, I personally agree that Blair was the worst in terms of directly making my life worse with the introduction of tuition fees and the massive accelerstion in the increase in housing prices.

Throw in the Iraq war and it was a fairly shit time.

But staying till Autumn? Suppose it’ll take him that long to clean the stains of booze, food, parties and cum. Plus stripping that wallpaper for ebay. Just clear off you oaf.

1 Like

Presumably just whilst there’s a Conservative leadership contest.

Right, early thoughts as to who I’d want to succeed, finishing with who I think will succeed.

Want

Freeman
Elwood
Tugendhat
Sharma
Kwateng
Wallace

Think

Truss :man_facepalming:t3:

There can be only one, Patel, Patel, Patel!!!

Thatcher will never have anything like a fair assessment here, understandably so. But it can’t be denied that she was an accomplished politician, insanely hard working, fearless and feared, well respected and a loving wife and parent. Boris (as a human being) isn’t fit to polish her grave. What she did with these talents is obviously more than contentious but as a country leader, very much the iron lady. Ask Argentina.

3 Likes

And a further point on this which just occurred to me. She achieved a political career and became PM in an era when she was given not a scrap of preferable treatment for her sex. She’d have faced massive and blatant discrimination from everybody pretty much. In those days, women might have gone to work but the barriers were huge. Took till May for another lady to do it in a totally different climate.

2 Likes

I despise Thatcher but she was capable. Capable of extreme cruelty and malice but still capable. However, I still think that within that malice that she thought what she was doing was somehow for the benefit of the country. Johnson is a cretin backed by thieves. He has caused a huge amount of damage to the country with no obvious benefits to it. Clearly there have been numerous benefits to his financial backers but that has been at a cost to everyone else.

Personally, I cheered when Thatcher died. I would like to see Johnson die in prison.

7 Likes