UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

Bbc Police GIF by Line of Duty

1 Like

FIFY.

John?

1 Like

…the Cold War, the Rebate…

Boris now available to take over any football team that would like to exit europe with a stink this season!

I almost want him to start with “Et tu, Brute?”

:rofl:

“I have made Jacob Rees Mogg deputy prime minister, and I shall be standing down promptly”

Mogg drops his upper class accent and states
“Eh by gum fuck that shit”

Christ, it could be Steve Baker though. That would be a catastrophe. It be like the human race just giving up.

let us be totally and brutally honest. Every single MP over the last decade and half have proven to be anything but respectable. All the way back to gordon brown slagging off that woman. they are all a bunch of charlatans. Boris is a buffoon but at least hes a genuine dickhead and not acting in any other way .

I think that is oversimplifying it. For me one of the biggest problems with Boris is his lack of desire to do what’s right and follow the norms. He will do anything to cling onto power ( the need to cling on until Autumn just another example of this) and when you have a leader with that thirst for power at the total disregard of his party and the country, there at not many steps to reaching a point of the UK experiencing the equivalent of the US Capitol attacks.

Perhaps Johnson doesn’t have such a strong connection to the zealots like Trump does, but I could never rule out such an event happening with Johnson at the helm. Him and Trump very much cut from the same cloth.

2 Likes

They both need new tailors, by the looks of it. Bozo’s suits are particularly ill-fitting.

3 Likes

That’s not really true, there are some decent MPs. Even a few Tories fall into that category.

Not enough though, which is why our whole system needs reform.

On the subject of Brown, though I was thinking of that the other day. Largely, after the last few years it’s hard to imagine how that could finish someone off. He got collared by a mad woman ranting about immigrants, forgot he was still mic’d up and called her bigot. And that finished him?

I mean, it’s hardly thousands and thousands of needless deaths in a pandemic, trying get your bit on the side a six figure job in government, installing a KGB asset in the Lords, appointing a known sexual predator as chief whip, breaking your own laws, becoming the first PM to be convicted of a crime, attempting to use Government favours to get a flag refurbished and then lying about it, dithering over expelling someone who sexually assaulted a child, or attempting to change scrutiny rules to get your mate off a suspension.

His times have changed.

7 Likes

I just find it hilarious that anyone expected boris to be a political genius. It is like voting in Mr Bean and then being upset that makes his teddy bear foreign secretary.
The people that resigned needed to resign because they are incapable of doing a good job. They would have been sacked anyway had there been a vote of confidence again and boris removed.

So them now acting all proud and righteous is a fucking disgrace. go down with your captain… don’t jump ship and then torpedo his sinking ship!

3 Likes

I think it was flogging the gold at the bottom of the market that nailed his coffin.

2 Likes

Not in the eyes of the public. His poll ratings plummeted after that encounter. It cost him and Labour the election.

Totally understand your point but brown was also alongside blair so he’s not totally blameless in terms of needless deaths. But yeah times have changed and we have come to accept that MPs in general are idiots that make huge mistakes and we tend to give them more chances. Everything is a crisis though these days in comparison and highlighted on social media. MP scandals used to be less known until they had to be known.

:rofl:

1 Like

who sold the post office? i forget. iirc that was a big scandal for someone

edit or was it royal mail?