UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

Magic:

2 Likes

MPs trying to un-resign :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

it says it all.

Who’s doing that?

it has just been reported on sky news by the reporter in the central lobby - talking about the next candidate. I didn’t hear most of it because of the noise from my kids.

Boris?

Abolish the kids or at least take their milk off them!

@Kopstar sam coates is the reporter that said it. said he had been told they are trying to un-resign because of the uncertainty surrounding boris position. Didn’t mention names. The main part was talking about Ben Wallace being the front runner.

I rewound it.

1 Like

I don’t want rashford or jamie oliver knocking on my door :rofl:

Although oliver might be useful to mmy diet. :joy:

1 Like

Sky news reporting outside Westminster with the theme tune to the Benny Hill show in the background :joy:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: @RedSeven that was amazing! and then at the end of the interview he offered a come and get me plea to get his job back “i’m available for practical help” or along those lines

Not really. It led to some ridicule but it wasn’t that big a deal in the end. Your probably the only person I see or hear still mention it.

The main factor for Brown was that the then Labour government had run out of steam and people where just getting tired of it. The damage from the Iraq war still hung over the governent and there were some welfare reforms labour voters where unhappy with. Brown was also decidedly less charismatic than Blair was.

Then Brown’s government somehow got the blame for the financial crisis.

3 Likes

I don’t know anything about Tugendhat, but from a German speaking perspective he’s the only logical successor.

1 Like

klopptimist bought it.

Just out of curiosity, how old are you? If I recall correctly, this statement has been repeated ad nauseam yet it has been proven false, given that the multiple proclamations/editorials during the time of the first referendum explicitly reject the idea that it was a mere trading bloc.

4 Likes

@Kopstar?

Lmfao this is getting better, just watched that and it’s the best bit of news reporting sky have done in 30 years​:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

James cleverly appointed secretary of state for education. Quite an apt name for the new one. i wonder who will be appointed tomorrow for the role? :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

4 Likes

the new defence minister?

3 Likes

Potentially libellous. Cadwalladr lately got off just on the basis that a statement she made that was libellous she thought to be true at the time, which is ludicrous.

Corbyn has also lost previous claims he brought for libel on almost identical allegations so it’s a tough one.

I think “dangerous anti-semite” is hyperbole, a massive exaggeration, but really because of the “dangerous” part, which would be simply Zahawi’s personal viewpoint, so not really challengeable. The “anti-semite” part is one that Corbyn has failed to successfully challenge before.

2 Likes