UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

Well Aus did have that ginger from Wales 10 years back, so to return the favour, we offer you @SBYM as your next PM :wink:

Much of the issue now is specifically around Boris and how he has led the party. An incoming leader can repair the damage by actually doing the day job properly, setting out a set of clear and deliverable policies and work with relevant stakeholders for example EU to resolve Irish Border / Brexit issues, Business to resolve supply and cost of living issues.

1 Like

SBYM probably does the work of five men, so we’ll send you JRM, Johnson, Gove ,Hunt and fabricant

We’ve already had to put up with the Welsh Ginger, surely that is punishment enough for any transgretion?

Given that the past two leadership elections had the candidates I liked the least winning, I’m guessing Patel will be the next PM…

Cant you like her the most then?

That resignation speech…epic.

Who d’ya call?

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson. I had no idea he had such a snobbish-sounding full name.

1 Like

I feel really sad tbh, what our country has become. I can’t see one politician i can trust in all the parties, who is a future PM.

We are overall a decent, law abiding country with overall good and compassionate and good humoured people, great music history, but this government has made us hate each other and ourselves, if that makes sense.

I am no fan of Margaret Thatcher, but she was a good leader for her country in the world. I thought Tony Blair was also a competent leader, until he joined forces with Bush and invaded Iraq on the premis of weapons of mass destruction.

I just feel really sad for for the future of the kids in this country.

3 Likes

Would Johnson be able to run as trump’s partner for 2024?:grimacing:

1 Like

Really? What is wrong with Starmer?

Personally, I’d like to see a centre left coalition led by Caroline Lucas. Will never happen, of course, but that would get my vote (if I still had one).

3 Likes

Someone should have told her that the sex party is tomorrow night now

Have you lost it?

I’m a Brexit exile (Brexile?).

Lost my UK vote a long time ago though.

So, if I understand correctly, as of right now BoJo remains PM with the expectation that the Conservatives will hold a leadership race and the winner of that becomes a new PM.

This should be a reality TV show. It is so obvious that in the next episode, BoJo will announce he is running for that leadership, yet I still want to watch that episode.

1 Like

Didn’t he give up his citizenship?

How pathetic is this?

1 Like

Hopefully Mock the Week will be back on by then…