UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

Has to be said that similar lines have been used for many many years. Some good taste and some very bad taste. Shuffling a deck before dealing a hand of poker in a certain Japanese city leaps to mind.

Why? Which part do you disagree with?

5 years of listening to him?

Being a Brexit Snowflake, youā€™ll need to ignore what the mean man says about the Glorious Work. :wink: But his rant on Johnson is absolutely spot on. I think youā€™ll be in full agreement.

4 Likes

I am, I like the gut thatā€™s why I listen to him. Disagree with him on most things. Reminds me of somebody :wink:

:rofl:

1 Like

Donā€™t know what that means, but there wasnā€™t much difference between Pie and Oā€™Brien except for the swearing.

Let me give you an example. Lots of people HATE Ben Shapiro. They wouldnā€™t listen to him nor vaguely countenance his stance if he was the originator of the sermon on the mount followed by the Gettysburg address. Thatā€™s me with Oā€™Brien. Pretty much like Blair, as long as you disagree with him, you must be in the right. Except when he throws bricks at the floor like now. Blair could tell me my exact name and address and Iā€™d disagree with him.

Like I said, I actually like the guy. Like respecting an ex, yeah she cheated on you but she was smoking in the sack. Iā€™m told this is a suitable aphorism but canā€™t say it ever happened to meā€¦

I donā€™t agree with everything Oā€™Brien says. But generally I think he is a compassionate voice, and one of the few journalists willing to actually try and hold the government to account and speak with with honesty about what is happening to the country.

Ben Shapiro I find to be a shrill, annoying, contrarian whoā€™s tactic in conversation is to try and bully whoever he is talking to by firing points at them at 100 mph, confusing his opponent with random points and digressions, and strawmen. Iā€™d have loved to have seen him in a agreement with Hitchins. Heā€™d have absolutely murdered him

2 Likes

Hitch destroyed everybody, absolutely unparalleled. To call him an idol of mine would be ironic to the point of farce. He loved Mother Theresa so much :laughing:

1 Like

Iā€™m with @Mascot on Shapiro. Canā€™t stand him and at the same time not knowing a single thing about his beliefs, opinions etc. His barrage of word salad I find extremely rude, self gratifying, disrespectful and even difficult to follow.

How he gets airtime I donā€™t know.

Then again iā€™m still surprised Boris got anywhere in this world. Iā€™d like to think such a thing wasnā€™t possible. Iā€™m clearly wrong.

Interesting if true.

Preti Patel got 3% voting her as their prefered option.

But, has she released those peoples families yet?

2 Likes

Clearly casts a shadow over her go to skill set but is that an oxymoron?

Nah, I mean sheā€™s holding the families hostage in exchange for their votes

A friend just made a comment that really resonates - BoJo thinks he is Churchill, and this is his moment to be Churchill circa 1936. In his interior narrative, the party will come back to him.

1 Like

I was referring to her casting a shadow.

https://twitter.com/Dominic2306/status/1544990924572430337?s=20&t=q3mIJTIbHzE29nuKnc4PnQ

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/DAaronovitch/status/1545075282469703683?s=20&t=q3mIJTIbHzE29nuKnc4PnQ

The fangs, the fangs.