UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

The right wing, non-dom, billionaire-owned media is a far bigger problem than BloJo

5 Likes

Worth noting that the Mail binned an editor that was kind taking them back to a more central perspective (at least the best way I can put it) and decided to go full on Team Boris. It was a conscious decision, deliberate and calculated.

The damage that rag does is incalculable.

5 Likes

From what i remember, a number of commentators familiar with that said he didnt even get that right…

1 Like

Having a read about Steve Baker who I hadn’t heard of. Seems like a cunt.

4 Likes

The English Prabda of the English Right, in regard to disinformation at any rate :-1:

And yet the Tories continually scare the public with tales of extremists in the Labour party

2 Likes

100%. Nicknamed Brexit hard man Steve Baker. He also holds a lot of sway within the Tory party and part of the 1922 committee and what was the ERG I think. Another of the “last people you want in public office” brigade. He was one that pushed hard for Boris to go before the vote of no confidence.

Also worth noting that one other reason why he may consider this is that his majority in High Wycombe has been dwindling over the last few years.

2 Likes

Baker had a brilliant Partridge/Brent moment on the news yesterday when asked what he’s looking for in the next Tory leader.

To paraphrase - “what I want in a leader is somebody intelligent, who has integrity, who keeps the county’s interests at heart, somebody who I will follow into battle, somebody who puts a smile on people’s faces every single day. And when I think about it, I have been doing all of that for years”.

1 Like

Steve Barker was on the Beeb the other day, around the time when it was known Boris was going to go, and he came across as a self-centred, populist career politician. He was asked whether he would run for PM and his answer was along the lines of “I think my supporters deserve it…” - think that said it all for me. I now have a new favourite for who I want as the next PM, introducing in the blue corner… Steeeeeve Baaarker!

2 Likes

Cleared, by the selfsame ethics adviser who thought Johnson and the rest of the government did nothing wrong in their COVID breaches? By the same ethics adviser who thought there was nothing wrong with the Prime Minister soliciting donations for his flat refurbishment? Something tells me that the standard of ethics applied here isn’t very high…

2 Likes

One thing for sure is that the next PM will be Barking mad so might as well be Barker.
Still I’d find Nadine Dorries and Truss much funnier. Prsident Dorries and her PM Truss.

1 Like

They should have a debate Dorries and Truss answering questions from Barker.
That would kill me, my poor sofa. :rofl:

Just remember that this isn’t “Britain’s Got No Talent”. Even if I don’t agree politically with the PM of the day I would rather that they didn’t actively trash the country.

4 Likes

But Twitter told me they were fined!!!

Surely right-wing Twitter wouldn’t lie???

8 Likes

The electorate should have thought about that before voting in Johnson (and many others). Let’s just enjoy it as much as possible now.

2 Likes

The public aren’t taught to think; merely to repeat.

1 Like

I love boris. the sooner he is back on have i got news for you . the better.