UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

Really….Is that a definitive answer? It makes no sense. So it is easier to chase numerous individuals for a £100 fine, than concentrate on one individual who owes £10,000s. The same individual who is going to think, ‘well iv got away with it once, why not try it again’.
Unfortunately, the whole system is broken, throwing money at things doesn’t mean better results. I have no issue paying taxes, I would pay more if I was confident mine and other tax payers money was being used efficiently, but it is not. For Decades through all governments our money has been wasted!!

1 Like

You do know that all ‘Tax dodgers’ aren’t conservative. I do find it a very ‘people in glass houses’ statement.
I am surprised that people are so offended by any individual using a clever accountant to minimise their taxes. Yet still use Amazon to order their cheap Chinese products, pay extortion amounts of money for a coffee at Starbucks/Costa and search the internet via Google, etc.

1 Like

You do relalise that I didn’t even suggest any of that in my post. Try learning to read! :rofl:

Just out of interest how does someone taxed at source afford an accountant let alone dodge taxes?

‘Jesus fucking arsehole’ :rofl:

I’m sorry, I know this is serious but I’ve genuinely never heard a combination of those three words before.

1 Like
1 Like

The Tories - Giving the finger to the public since 1834

2 Likes

This reminds me of a Q I posed my wife.

“Why are they called the Tory party?”

“Because of conservatory”, she said…but even as she said it, I could see she wasn’t convinced.

“But they’re Conservatives”, I replied.

“Oh yeah.”

I haven’t googled the real reason. Does anyone know? Maybe they actually live in glass houses?!

2 Likes
2 Likes

“The Irish peasantry also used the term Tory to refer to an outlaw or a miscreant of any kind into the 19th century”

Still holds up I guess.

2 Likes

But make no mistake, Suella Braverman would also be hugely divisive, turbocharging Britain’s Brexit divide and our culture wars. She would be Boris Johnson on steroids, a brown, female version of Trump. And that deeply worries me.

Wow. The racist misogyny here is disgusting.

Braverman, like Sunak, is yet another Tory who likes to pull up ladders they’ve already climbed.

‘Waging a war on woke’ is more populist guff. She’s an idiot, a danger and another one who needs to be punted into the sea.

5 Likes

Agree mate. The article is still out of order though.

The oceans are polluted enough as it is.

4 Likes

I can’t see anything racist, or misogynistic here.

2 Likes

To me it read as if being a female, who is brown, makes being Trump-like worse…

1 Like

Come On Reaction GIF

1 Like

Pretend it was written by the mail supporting Tory press and not by the independent…the outrage will flow then :joy:

2 Likes

On a side note, these papers will soon die if they carry on with paywalls.

1 Like

Off to join the party so I can vote for her. Labour female PMs 0 Conservatives 3.

I make a general google search and a list of these names were put as possible candidates…any of them would come close to be supported by a large part of the population or they are as divisive as previous Tory leaders?

Jeremy Hunt
Rishi Sunak
Liz Truss
Nadhim Zahawi
Sajid Javid
Ben Wallace
Penny Mordaunt