UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

Somebody has properly fucked up here. “Who should we get to narrate a video based around trust-worthy politicians?” “How about that old guy from Harry Potter, the young love him” “He’s not been in anything linked to politics before has he?” “Don’t know, before my time”

Plus never vote for somebody who can’t do their own voice-over:

The first five are all tainted by association with the blob.
Never heard of the last two. They’re probably even worse.

Agree that’s a terrible video. Hardly features the candidate, main point seems to be it’s about the ‘ship’ not just the leader - no idea why this makes Mordaunt think this Q.E.D means she should run for leader? Perhaps because she is acknowledging she doesn’t have the personality etc to be leader alone but wants somehow to be elected as part of a ‘ship’ with unspecified crew. I expect ‘dishi’ is the focus of the criticism but it’s awfully light touch and she really could have done a bit more. Perhaps it’s all with an eye to agree a cabinet post under another leader? Expect several candidates only launching to extract some sore of promise.

Please God, no. She’s a train wreck.

3 Likes

Images of Spitfires :heavy_check_mark:
Images of the Queen’s guard :heavy_check_mark:
Images of the inside of the House of Commons :heavy_check_mark:
Images of aircraft carriers :heavy_check_mark:
Images of soldiers :heavy_check_mark:
Images of the English Cricket team :heavy_check_mark:
Images of the English football team :heavy_check_mark:
Images of the Queen’s Corgies :heavy_check_mark:

Well fuck, I’m sold. That video encapsulated everything Britain.

Forgot: An image of Alexander dePeffel being the embodiment of churchill

I don’t think you can level that accusation against Hunt.

Wallace is the Defence Secretary, who’s done a fairly good job. He’s ruled himself out though, thereby making him most suitable.

2 Likes

Wallace is easily the most likeable and impressive (from my perspective) of the lot, but…

He was caught out on twitter lying about being a spy in NI, a serving paratrooper at the time put him in his place.

Is there not a single one of this lot who isn’t embraced in scandal or who hasn’t told a monumental lie?

2 Likes

Lovely phrase

Funny how they’ve all got videos ready. It’s almost like they were expecting it.

Wallace also has the ‘honour’ of running up the biggest bar bill while in the Scots Guard.

While many won’t see this as a bad thing, with the current partygate culture, I’m not sure we need another person who likes a drink in charge.

Having said that, he does seem the least worst option. But not sure he’s actually going to run.

1 Like

I’m starting to understand why you think everyone’s partners have serious influence over their job if a 1 minute video of this walking disaster has convinced you to vote for her.

2 Likes

Seems fair-minded as well.

My favourite Braverman video:

1 Like

Wasn’t Sunak’s campaign page registered before he resigned or something?

This Is Not Funny GIF by DefyTV

pretends he wasn’t serious

Is she not brown or female?

December last year.

2 Likes

She’s fucking awful. I might post the excoriating judgment against her in one of her actions as Attorney General.

3 Likes

Ever Starmer could eviscerate her at PMQs.