UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

Have you seen the alternatives?

1 Like

I honestly thought that was a parody video !

1 Like

As someone asked before: why wouldnā€™t Hunt be in the running? I said a Remainer wouldnā€™t win, but thinking about it not everything is about Brexit any more, and Hunt had recently been keeping distance between himself and Johnson.

I think heā€™s a chance. What are his skeletons?

1 Like

While he could conceivably win a leadership vote, I think he guarantees a Labour win in the next GE if he is PM

1 Like

Oh heā€™s one of those people with his comments on Hillsborough. Must be a S*n reader.

yay

kill me now how i met your mother GIF

1 Like

I said they would be insane to go with Sunak. I didnā€™t say they wouldnā€™t.

1 Like
4 Likes

If she wins at least weā€™ll have enough cheese.

The quality of candidates is honestly shocking.

I take it you are referring to me.

Ok, so out of interest what were you suggesting with your post? You clearly identified your ā€˜Toryā€™ friends in your statement.

N.b. I think you need to be a bit more respectful in your responses. Rather than say I need to learn to read, dressed up with a smiley face, why donā€™t you try and explain where you feel I have misunderstood.

1 Like

So, apparently thereā€™s a songā€¦ :rofl:

Googling the phrase did reveal this beauty.

Words to live by.

Liz Truss, the woman who once did a speech about the benefits of Brexit because of the increase in sales on porkā€¦ Turns out sheā€™s been porking her way through the cabinet as well. Not just Kwasi Kwateng by the sounds of it.

I have at no point defended anyone for avoiding paying their taxes. My annoyance is that the rich, by employing accountants find means of minimising their Tax exposure. Is it wrong? No! Morally yes! They are merely working the system that is in place.
I believe we actually agree in the same principle. Where maybe we differ is in the fact I struggle to relate to people who are surprised/offended by this practice :+1:t2:

1 Like

Might just be rumoursā€¦ but nothing surprises anymore.!!

The thing you are not understanding is that Rishi Sunak is not ā€˜merely working the system that is in placeā€™. Literally his job was to be responsible for the exchequer. Itā€™s his system.

Because he is responsible for the tax regime, it is indefensible for him to be exploiting its loopholes.

7 Likes

Its the hypocrisy.

Its cheating or working against the system they are meant to be protecting and providing confidence in. Its like a cop undermining the rule of law, a teacher providing the answers to an exam, or a highway engineer driving with chains on his tires.

Sunakā€™s role at its heart, is ensuring everyone pays their fair share to provide services to us all. If his personal values do not align with that. How can we trust him to act in the publics best interests ?

Its similar to the pub landlord who got the PPE contract, using contacts. The integrity of Hancock comes under question. Nothing illegal appears to have occurred (although again dubious).

The integrity (or lack of) is highlighted in This series of tweets.

2 Likes

Hang onā€¦he thinks that correction is better? Wow, what a vote winner that is. Well, considering this will be decided on by the ultra-wealthy Conservative members then it probably is.

This Tory party just cannot help themselves from kicking the poor at every opportunity. Of course the public sector hasnā€™t been dismantled over the last decade of Tory rule so thereā€™s plenty of scope to butcher it.