UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

I think we have seen this phenomenon in many places where incumbents have been re-elected. As the electorate, we are all complicit - condemning the errors of 2020 and 2021 would necessarily require us to admit the inadequacy/ineffectiveness of 2022 as a year of surrender.

1 Like

well heā€™s not wrong

Braverman eliminated

3 Likes

Interesting article about who funds who:
https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/uk-boris-johnson-thatcherism-decline

ā€œ 1. Lord Frost, the former chief Brexit negotiator, earlier came out to say he had ā€œgrave reservationsā€ about Mordaunt becoming the next PMā€

I have grave reservations about all of them, but that aside, why is Frost in a huff over Mourdant?

Donā€™t see many of her voters going to TT Iā€™m afraid :frowning:

How has Badnock got so much support?

I imagine itā€™s because sheā€™s one of the many Conservative Brexiteers who donā€™t have a clue about the issues involved.

1 Like

But wouldnā€™t that definition also apply to Lord Frost.

Iā€™m struggling to think of anyone in the Tory party who has a clue about the issues involved.

2 Likes

Heā€™s sharp. He understands very well, even if at times he wants it to appear as if he might not.

1 Like

They are all playing silly buggers. Notice how Mordaunt had Zahawiā€™s web page redirected to hers, and all the leaking to the press from various corners for every single candidate in a bid to smear them.

The Tories are a cancer.

6 Likes

How did Obourne not see the endgame of Thatcherism would be this plutocracy we find ourselves in

1 Like

Thatā€™s not very hard when he wasnā€™t competent enough to register the domain before using it in publicity?

So the deal, that no PM would sign and he negotiated and immediately started trashing was deliberate?

PS we know it was.

Think weā€™re in for a Pennyā€¦

So weā€™re probably heading for a shoot out between the tax dodging criminal or the woman without a willy.

Ever get the feeling youā€™re in the shit?

3 Likes

Dunno. But even if she gets all of Bravermanā€™s votes, sheā€™s still below Sunak and Mordaunt.

Possible though that once Badenoch goes most of her votes will end up with Truss.

Mordaunt might benefit from Tugendhatā€™s votes - who I expect to go next.

Donald Trump GIF

Do you expect any improvements under the new PM?

Nope

Well thatā€™s not fair given what an utter disaster Boris was / is. But as far as creating a more balanced society and addressing the current lorry load of problems I can t see it.

I doubt any of them will be able to lie as easily and constantly as Boris which may be seen as an improvement.