UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

It’s entirely pointless since Tugendhat won the first one and Truss has come last in both but it will be Tugendhat who loses the vote today.

1 Like

Years ago, Roy Hattersley, who was deputy leader of the Labour Party at the time, cancelled an appearance on Have I Got News For You. They replaced him with a tub of lard.

1 Like

Didn’t Channel 4 do the same to Johnson?

1 Like

Well it’s entirely pointless anyway because the only people that can vote on it are Tory MPs. When they have whittled it down so that anyone remotely intelligent has been sent packing the only ones that can vote are the Conservative Party members. It really has a bit of a DDR feel about it.

They did that a couple of years ago with a female minister that pulled out so they replaced her with a handbag.

2 Likes

I fucking HATE them.

The Tories wouldn’t show up to a debate about climate change, so they used a piece of melting ice.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the one…

1 Like
4 Likes

He’s properly clocked out.

3 Likes
1 Like

Got pissed at Chequers over the weekend and hitched a lift in a jet yesterday.

the Pilot should have hit the ejector seat.

1 Like

Rishi needs to raise taxes so more rich can dodge taxes like him, why didn’t they bring that up?

Well, it’s all crazies from here on out…

1 Like

magic the gathering table flip GIF

Highlights everything wrong with Tories.

The most popular candidate with both the public and conservative voters is out. They are so out of touch, and although they are all distancing themselves from BJ none of them are distancing themselves from his policies.

Shows just how pointless TV debates are.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Rishi leading but I’m curious as to how many votes he can pick up from here, I would have thought that whoever gets through to the last two against him (assuming he makes it that far) would pick up the majority of votes from the other two still in tonight.

1 Like