UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

3 Likes

I thought the polls showed that Mordaunt was leading amongst Conservative voters?

1 Like

Mordaunt might mop up the lions share of Tugendhat’s votes, but it’s Badenoch’s which will decide the final two - either Sunak Mordaunt or Sunak Truss.

Then when the wider voters get their say I could see Mordaunt beating Sunak but Sunak would beat Truss.

Probably.

1 Like

Murderaunt is the least worst now. That’s dire!

I’m not sure she is…we just know very little about her - and that is a red flag in itself given she has been a cabinet Minister.

As much as i dislike Rishi and a lot of his views, i get the sense he can at least do the day to day stuff required of a PM and it is easier to understand where he is likely to go…

1 Like

Fascinated to know how Morduant was able to build enough momentum to get herself into this position to start with. She would have initially needed some support from the inner circles of the party. That worries me because the likes of the former ERG or whatever they are known as now are simply too powerful to let any old candidate rise from literally nowhere.

I thought ERG members are backing Kemi and Truss. Not sure who is backing Morduant.

This guy is a complete prick. If I was a politician, I’d either refuse to talk to him, or give him a right bollocking for interrupting me all the time. This lass is far too polite and patient for such a situation.

1 Like

Let me try that again. I think this will all come down to Badenoch’s votes. We know Mordor will get most of Tugendhat’s supporters. But we don’t really know yet whether Badenoch is supported because she is young and untainted, or if its because she’s the most right of the remaining candidates.

I personally believe she is supported mostly because of her ideology rather than being young and untainted and that’s the way MPs will vote when Badenoch is eliminated. As such I think Truss may get a good number of Badenoch’s votes when she is eliminated. IMO, it will be enough to take us to a Truss vs Sunak final. What a choice that will be.

3 Likes

The austerity question was a bit silly but the Brexit one was excellent and exposed her stupidity and hypocrisy. She’s anything but ‘polite and patient’

3 Likes

The context to the austerity question was that Liz Truss had claimed that she had been affected by austerity, which is obviously horseshit. He was right to press her on this.

4 Likes

She’s just outright lying about everything. The state of this country that she’s being considered for Prime Minister.

2 Likes

This is the only truss I want to see… :grin:

2 Likes
1 Like

Stripped Of The Whip - should form a band

2 Likes

The plot thickens…

4 Likes
2 Likes

Called it