UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

2 Likes

Liz Truss trying to turn herself into Thatcher is absolutely pathetic - almost as pathetic as when Thatcher herself did it - the elocution lessons, the hair style, the clothes, the pretending to be from a working class backgroundā€¦ Itā€™s really shameless and yet you know there are many members of that 100k voting bloc with raging hard ons for it.

2 Likes

YouGov which was founded by a recently culled ā€˜leadership contenderā€™ Nadhim Zahawi - no way they would have any residual institutional bias? ā€¦Nah, surely not.

Do all the Badknock votes go to Truss?

When Johnson went I thought at least I wouldnā€™t have to be embarrassed by the UK pm any more.

mr bean frustration GIF

4 Likes

Itā€™s that reaction that might give him some hope he can remain in post or stand again soon :rofl:

I donā€™t follow UK politics on a regular basis, but looking from the outside in, out of all candidates for the job, she strikes me as the least competent. It makes sense I guess. At least, the so-called Conservative party are coherent in their willingness to continue their ongoing demolition job. :+1:

What makes you think he is the least competent?

Sorry, I meant she. Liz Truss.

1 Like

It? Surely Liz.Truss has to be a cyborg? Hopefully due a software upgrade soonā€¦

For some reason I thought you were talking about Sunak. Truss is probably the most incompetant of the lot - but has more cabiniet experience than any of them I think. She may be good at the day to day stuff we donā€™t see but the stuff we do see is agonisingly bad.

1 Like

ā€œThis is quite clearly the worst Prime Minister of all timeā€ - old British proverb.

1 Like

Enough to get her in the top two at the very least.

4 Likes

That from Clive Lewis is just genius.

1 Like
1 Like