UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

I don’t have a poster of Karl Marx over my bed.

Go on.

Never worn sock suspenders, and I’m not aware it’s a left wing trope. I’d associate it more with the right/banker/clerical class.

Nope.

Nope. If whatever the real world equivalent would be

Erm…nope.

Anything else from Mr Moral High Ground? He who throws insults loses the arguments, wasn’t it. Do keep undermining your own righteousness.

Not for me. Spunking £100m for someone to put a hat on someone’s head because that person has decided that he’s too important to do it himself is not really my thing.

But each to their own

2 Likes

Yes with the exception that most of my post to you just responded to above is directly from Red Dwarf and you didn’t seem to notice. It’s almost like you’ve never been to Bedford Falls. Insults? You’re the well practiced failure there.

1800 vs 1440, gap narrowing.

1850 1550

:thinking::nerd_face:

2 Likes

2000 vs 1700.

Surprising.

1 Like

2200 - 1860

Why?

On their own these numbers are relatively meaningless.

There are about 8700 councillors in England, with about 37% of them Conservative and 31% Labour. Only about 2/3rds of the seats are being contested this week.

When i last looked a few minutes ago the conservatives had lost over 800 seats, while labour were up just over 400 with about 20% of seats still to be declared.

This means the Conservatives have so far lost about a quarter of their councillors.

5 Likes

It’s not looking like such a rubbish prediction now ;

1 Like

:eyes:

1 Like

Yep, they have lost over a thousand seats now with about 5% of results still to be reported. That’s close to a third of their councillors gone.

John Grace , predictably gleeful … and very funny ;

Of, course I know they are from Red Dwarf. I watched it from the first episode to when it went shit.

That’s why I added whatever the real world example would be to the Reggie Hammond line.

Is Bedford Falls a reference to It’s a Wonderful Life? As a fan you’d obvious recall that in the novel version of Better Than Life, Lister is obsessed with the film, and upon returning to Earth settles in Bedford Falls to run a Kebab Shop with a descendent of Kristine Kochansky.

Obviously.

Woah Keir. Fucking steady on lad. I’ve watch enough Liverpool games to know you haven’t won anything at half time.

Ooohps…

1 Like

Great result for the Tories. Don’t forget that this was an election in which a single random political commentator, writing when people could still remember what a Liz Truss was, predicted they would lose a thousand seats. As it is, they have only lost 962. So they have outperformed expectations, sort of.

1 Like

It seems reasonable that they would prepare for the eventuality without making any assumptions.

BBC has them losing 1060 seats with 2 councils left to report?