UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Which is actually a counterintuitive problem. I dont think any of these ideas are strongly empirically supported, but there is at least lots of anecdotal data suggesting that there is a threshold of scandal above which nothing more registers, and often even starts having a inverse effect.

A small indiscretion in an environment in which people expect everyone to be squeaky clean is far more impactful in the minds of voters than ongoing brazen corruption once it’s been shown to be broad enough that voters start thinking “everyone does it”. Voters end up removing it as a consideration from their minds completely.

1 Like

Ever watched Red Dwarf? I’m Lister BTW.

Don’t worry. If @Klopptimist starts a thread to lick the boots of his royal betters, I’ll be steering well clear of it.

In the interest of efficiency, why don’t we just post Coronation discussions in the Climate thread from now until after the Coronation. Isn’t climate change Charles’s signature issue?

I still find it absolutely hilarious that you think you’re Lister and I’m Rimmer in our ongoing argument. It’s like you’ve never actually watched it, and someone told you once that Lister was the cool one😂

1 Like

Sorry mate, been watching it since it was made. I’ll have the curry and 14 pints of lager and you can sort your socks by age. Rimmer’s revision schedule is exactly how I see your attitude to life.

Having met Craig Charles, I can confirm we get on rather well.

Happy Cracking Up GIF by MOODMAN

Man with arse licking Monachy avatar, right wing opinions and nothing but contempt for people less fortunate than himself claims he is like Dave Lister.:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

You do realise that it’s possible to be similar to somebody in some ways and not others don’t you? Like I’m right but support abortion and don’t want migrants shot? Like we’re both Liverpool fans but you have a poster of Karl Marx over your bed?

Tricky concept for a binary leftist I appreciate. You wear sock suspenders don’t you and I BET you have a full pack of coloured highlighter pens. You also (I suspect) spend the evenings listening to Regie Hammond’s classic organ tracks and once was married to a lady who went to a party in a glass goldfish holding bikini and nothing else.

Googles……

1450 vs 1100 so far.

I don’t have a poster of Karl Marx over my bed.

Go on.

Never worn sock suspenders, and I’m not aware it’s a left wing trope. I’d associate it more with the right/banker/clerical class.

Nope.

Nope. If whatever the real world equivalent would be

Erm…nope.

Anything else from Mr Moral High Ground? He who throws insults loses the arguments, wasn’t it. Do keep undermining your own righteousness.

Not for me. Spunking £100m for someone to put a hat on someone’s head because that person has decided that he’s too important to do it himself is not really my thing.

But each to their own

2 Likes

Yes with the exception that most of my post to you just responded to above is directly from Red Dwarf and you didn’t seem to notice. It’s almost like you’ve never been to Bedford Falls. Insults? You’re the well practiced failure there.

1800 vs 1440, gap narrowing.

1850 1550

:thinking::nerd_face:

2 Likes

2000 vs 1700.

Surprising.

1 Like

2200 - 1860

Why?

On their own these numbers are relatively meaningless.

There are about 8700 councillors in England, with about 37% of them Conservative and 31% Labour. Only about 2/3rds of the seats are being contested this week.

When i last looked a few minutes ago the conservatives had lost over 800 seats, while labour were up just over 400 with about 20% of seats still to be declared.

This means the Conservatives have so far lost about a quarter of their councillors.

5 Likes

It’s not looking like such a rubbish prediction now ;

1 Like

:eyes:

1 Like