UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

“What I can’t stand is deliberately selective quoting”
M. Thatcher

That’s possibly the stupidest political statement I’ve ever read

4 Likes

From you, I take that as a compliment. Many thanks :slight_smile:

Please do. It will be on Youtube within a day.

Can you please inform us how Labour can “run the country” while in opposition with an 80 seat minority? Honestly what do you expect them to do?

4 Likes

Better? Imagine being shite against a Boris lead government. That’s like throwing bricks at the floor and missing. Every Single Time.

You ain’t kidding but he wouldn’t be posting it.

5 Likes

Read that article earlier and it makes the obvious point- that somehow needs repeating- that slow-moving traffic is not due to any “anti-motorist” agenda.

There are simply too many cars on the roads.

2 Likes

FIFY

3 Likes

I’m not surprised, but you haven’t answered the question.

They can’t. The reason they can’t is because they’ve been a dreadful opposition. Does that answer your question? Is this the question you’re referring to?

https://twitter.com/jemmaforte/status/1686996185368653824

2 Likes

Not really. Tell me how they can be better in opposition.

By holding the government to account. By having a leader who can joust with the PM at questions instead of losing every single time. By having and enforcing rigorous standards. By having a huge advertising campaign showing exactly what the party did (not just boris) over lock down. By making the general public realise what a bunch of twats this shower are.

No, we’ll sit on our hands and let the Tories hang themselves.

Newsflash, you missed the boat. Ironically.

That’s actually (supposed to be) the speaker’s job.

2 Likes

Being honest with you, that sounds like more of a failure in our parliamentary system and our press than anything else.

I’m with @RedWhippet on the speaker. Hoyle is useless. I’ve lost count of how many times he’s ranted about slapping wrists for the Tories giving press releases of policies prior to revealing them in the house. Still hasn’t slapped a thing. Lies are called out but not enacted on.

Parliament has become a clown show.

2 Likes

He’s still 100 times better than Bercow.

Not sure. Bercow brought too much of his own opinion to the role perhaps. Hoyle is a bit like Keita was if I’m honest. He’s there but doesn’t contribute much

Agreed

You could justifiably argue that it always has been.

What a pisstake. 49 days of disaster, and she thinks she deserves to hand out honours?

3 Likes