Shit parents.

Youā€™re more than welcome to invite us out for dinner any time :slight_smile:

You can go to dinner whenever you like.

Iā€™ll be there for lunch.

1 Like

Cheers, you old git you :wink:

Who needs experts anyway?

2 Likes

How do they propose to enforce a ban whilst allowing use for catering? Are they going to prevent anyone under 18 from buying whipped cream in the same way that solvents are restricted?

Details are for losers. All you need to do is dream, and it will become reality.

Just like pretty much every single thing this government does.

1 Like

but they can go ahead and sell vapes. But NOS, nooooo you canā€™t have that only doctors and auto mechanics get to play with NOS.

1 Like

Meanwhile school buildings are crumbling.

No party loyalty on this one as itā€™s an across the board under investment in what is needed to maintain our infrastructure.

Not sure about this oneā€¦

Just to put with the withdrawn funding into context, 13 schools which would have been rebuilt as part of Labourā€™s BSF that the Tories scrapped the project are now closed due to RAAC.

But Labour would be worse.

I would be interested to know how many schools are currently closed.

2 Likes

True this appears to be on the Conservatives watch. Iā€™m talking about all of the UKā€™s infrastructure. Yes theyā€™ve been neglected under austerity etc. its one of the first things that get cut but itā€™s an everywhere issue even at local government level. So while itā€™s right to be critical of the government of the last 13 years it goes further back than that and thereā€™s a general apathy towards the whole subject. Part of the issue is an out of sight, out of mind type attitude. Be that drains, sewers below ground or invisible defects in concrete structures that can build over time etc. The UK is falling behind on this stuff and itā€™s becoming more of a miracle with each passing year that we havenā€™t seen any failures that kill peopleā€¦

1 Like

There have been close calls. This happened a few years ago (unrelated to the current issue but highlights that these things need checking:

2 Likes

This man is a true hero of mine and I donā€™t have many. Very much instrumental in the regeneration of Liverpool.

He talks about the river being an open sewer in the 70s and I well remember that. This afternoon I saw lots of people paddling and even a few swimming in it.

5 Likes

A real pity that he didnā€™t become leader of the Conservative Party.

2 Likes

I was at a government seminar that he gave regarding urban regeneration around 20 years ago. It was fascinating stuff and I got to chat briefly with him afterwards.

He said at the time that he was criticised for the garden festival rather than providing jobs. I did say that was a prevailing view at the time. I think he did agree that development plans do need to be explained to the public better.

3 Likes

The same local government so starved of funding that they have to defer such infrastructure upgrades to at some point in the distant future?

I think thatā€™s a national mindset though, not even a politicians thing, just look at this article: UK economy in growth ā€˜doom loopā€™ after decades of underinvestment | Economic growth (GDP) | The Guardian

1 Like

I donā€™t think Spitting Image helped him. It certainly finished off David Steel. Plus the mace incident of course.

Screenshot 2023-09-08 093716

1 Like

Calling @Klopptimist.