UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

did a H&S induction for a few scaffolders who were building some scaffolding in our effluent area.

talked them through the dangers of the area they were working in,

solvent waste tank, and the fumes so no smoking…

caustic soda tank, hydrochloric tank, acid waste tank, dont go drinking this shit or fall into the bungs
cos i aint saving you, blah blah blah

we had a good laugh but they understood the dangers,

left them alone to work, then went back to check on them a short time later,

entered the backyard area and the 1 of the guys in leaning against a hydrogen pack (12 x 77kg cynlinders of hydrogen, 200B of pressure) and he has a cigarette in his hand, he looks at me…

“you want a fag big man?”

i fucking shat myself…

lesson learnt should have also spoken about the dangers of the back yard area and where its safe to smoke!

1 Like

Yes they need to navigate colossally difficult tasks like picking things up and reading. And that’s what my postman does. I know, I asked him. Tomorrow I’m tempted to video him saying it.

Reminds me of when someone tried to light up outside a flour silo. I don’t think I’ve ever run so fast in my life. Fortunately his matches were damp.

UK Govt’s appeal dismissed. (I think Sunak saw that one coming.)

3 Likes

I went to buy some fireworks years ago from a farm in Wales. The boss was in the back and came through smoking a cigar. After a chat he offered to show me round. He’d been fusing shell racks smoking a cigar. As far as I know he still does.

Safe? Absolutely frucking lethal. Fred Dibnah says hello BTW.

Lots of vids of him doing this and similar. He freely admitted to having a few pints before going up.

I loved Fred Dibnah. But he was a fucking tit. A loveable tit you can’t get mad at, but a tit none the less. :rofl:

There was a programme he did where he tried to dig a mine in his back garden. He got so deep, and then a council official turns up. They have a chat off camera and Fred comes back looking a bit bemused. “So, erm, the council aren’t happy, and it turns out to dig a mine you have to have some kind of ‘planning permission’. Anyway, I’ve got me blueprints here and I don’t expect it’ll be a problem. Roll credits. I don’t remember there being an episode two.

3 Likes

lol … I saw that one , he built a fucking big pit head wheel too , if I remember rightly.

2 Likes

We have listened to the Supreme Court’s view that the Rwanda Policy is unlawful, and have decided that we need to abolish the Supreme Court

If anything had happened them the first thing asked of you would be did you do the full induction training with them.
If you can’t show you did then you could be in trouble with the authorities.
Could you or someone in a similar position have faced jail time if one of them had died and it couldn’t be shown that the training had been done with them ?

1 Like

Yeah that was it. And he measured the height of his garden by firing an arrow over his fence down into a public footpath. One of the crew says ‘you can’t do that Fred!” He says ‘it’ll be alright. No-one ever walks down there’

:rofl:

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see how they play it now with Clever Arse in the job.

GE.

Now.

Just fuck off you useless pack of horrible cunts.

4 Likes

He has a real opportunity to draw a line under Braverman and bring grown up thinking to the home office.

1 Like

ha ha … yeah , I’d forgotten that bit.

(Wasn’t this the series after his missus had left him and he lost the plot ?)

I guess we’ll soon find then out if Cameron’s appointment really does signify Sunak moving the party back to the centre right.

I think the ruling is quite interesting, particularly because at least from the Grauniad’s extracts of the ruling, it doesn’t seem to have been decided based on the ECHR, but involves the UN Refugee Convention? Would need to read the full ruling to be sure though.

3 Likes

all covered under the work permit which they sign before the job starts

1 Like

Yep , there was mention made in a summary of the ruling that there were several treaties and conventions that had to be taken into consideration. The ruling is also much to the chagrin of Rwanda herself who has already issued a statement apparently.

1 Like

A slightly more nuanced view of Cameron as Foreign Secretary by Helene von Bismarck in the Guardian:

The take-away being that he might be more minded to find common mutual interest rather than deliberately trying to antagonise the EU.

3 Likes

Ah the good old work permit.
The amount of fucking retards I’ve worked with who actually think it’s the piece of paper which keeps them safe.

1 Like