UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

I dont know anything about the Greek PM to be honest.

Heā€™s an arrogant, vain, spoiled brat, a prick of the highest order. 99% of the stuff he says and does is just for show.

So, lots in common.

Like most politicians then

fixed

2 Likes

Can someone please explain, other than keeping a certain wing of the Conservative Party happy, what will Esther McVey, The Minister for Common Sense (I shit you not) will do?

QT last night she was questioned whether other ministers have no common sense and her role is to feed that in.

Iā€™m wondering if weā€™ve reached bottom here, but there is next week yet.

:exploding_head:

2 Likes

Itā€™s a Monty Python thing

Plead Monty Python GIF

Saw it.
She was being goaded by that agenda driven witch Fiona Bruce though.

Oh, no, I hadnā€™t thought of that :roll_eyes:

That would be a first.

Asking what the job of the Minister for Common Sense actually means is kind of an obvious one given that it has to be one of the daftest positions that can be dreamed up.

1 Like

Itā€™s the daftest government weā€™ve ever had.

1 Like

No dispute there.
An amazing achievement, given previous and pending competition

Cant argue there. Many of us saw it coming but I dont think we could foresee how daft it would get. Sadly though they did manage to convince a lot of people they were the better option.
Did we dodge a bullet with Corbyn? Maybe, Iā€™m a million miles from believing heā€™s PM material, and some of his ummā€¦ ā€œleaningsā€ shall we say, are questionable if not awful. But on the flipside he had some great policies - renationalising rail and water for example.

2 Likes

Corbyn was absolutely not PM material but some of his senior MPs were quite capable. The same could not be said of Johnson because he purged most of the Conservative MPs with any remaining brain cells.

I think it was telling that anyone who had previously worked with Johnson regarded Corbyn as the lesser of two evils.

2 Likes

There would also have been limitations to Corbynā€™s control, which would have meant he could not remain in position for as long as Johnson if he made a mess of it - unfavourable media, probably a co-alition or minority government etc.

2 Likes

Who will take charge of the following post? Possible candidates?

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1730623980137074795?t=X8oMUlmlhxNx3BMZBwfSJw&s=19

Cunt.

1 Like

Iā€™ve thought that many times, but this bunch of clowns always manage to find a way to prove me wrong