UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Ahh yes, thank you for the reminder… how about Cruella!!

I support the rights of “the woke trans activists”

2 Likes

I always take exception to @dane saying ‘all politicians are the same’ as if we all believe a Labour government would conduct in such brazen fraud and corruption as the Tories have done for a decade.

But right now, on the issue of Israel, he or anyone else would have a point. Starmer has no care for the Palestinians. The only thing he cares about is that his popularity doesn’t take a hit on any decision. Pretty gutless. Likely could have played this showing opposition to Israel without denting his support. If he wanted to.

2 Likes

The end is coming for the indigenous population of the UK, I have seen it on the high streets in Shepherds Bush @redalways,

1 Like

You don’t need to tell me why. The idea Jeremy Corbyn is an antisemite is absolutely absurd

But that’s the reality we are dealing with, and the reality that Starmer has to deal with.

He doesn’t believe that. He is trying to get Rishi Sunak to sack him, so he can build his hard right public persona and position himself appropriately as the party moves to the hard right.

The question for me is always why the public is so receptive to this messaging. How has nation/world views become so shallow in the UK? The same could be said of the US.

1 Like

Then I guess its a cyclic event in that civilisations rise and eventually fall into decline due to the apathy and navel gazing. Rome is great and the problems are all at the gates…

The point maybe being that dumbing down is accepted and welcomed for the most part.

1 Like

The constant drip feed combined with very subtle messaging.

Basically why do very rich people buy newspapers?

1 Like

Is that too simplistic? It’s always easy to blame a boogyman (person?). The reason for the drip to so easily insert into the vein maybe a bit more insidious and basic at the same time. There is the loss of income from a seat of advantage and harking back to the era that never really existed for most, coupled to the promise of something for nothing.

Who knows?

To be fair, I think the Grauniad is fairly mainstream, is it not?

And this morning, Lee Anderson: Labour calls for action over Tory MP Islamist claims - BBC News is number 8 on the BBC’s trending list.

Number eight. Had it been Labour and antisemitism, it would probably have been the lead.

1 Like

Love the way you imply that to be fact :joy:

It’s a popularity thing.

Maybe it’s number eight because people know it’s a load of bollocks.

A bit like Everton before they got even worse.

The current homepage, after Ukraine:

That’s an editorial decision, not arranged by popularity.

1 Like

What I was looking at was the “Most Read” section.

Lee Anderson, hey?

Has British politics ever seen a more deplorable bunch of massive cunts in one place?

2 Likes

Er is it not? Look who owns the UK’s media outlets.

Rupert Murdoch
Barclay Brothers
Richard Desmond

To name 3. All billionaires and Murdoch and the Barclays are well known for “meeting” politicians on matters

Now, why do you think that Murdoch publishes tabloids?

2 Likes

Ah, you meant own the actual newspaper?
I thought you meant it wasn’t Joe Bloggs with the default tabloid sitting on his transit dashboard :joy:

Day 1.