UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Based on the arguments in that article, I somewhat disagree. Labour will be challenged on their spending commitments made in the run up to the election. Managing expectations is vitally important.

It isn’t going to be able to turn things around overnight.

Bloke on a BBC news article about people in debt, bemoaning the fact he can’t afford to eat, whilst wearing a Weekend Offender polo shirt, FML.

75 kg dog probably has a Prada dog bed and harness too

Post this here as health is a mess everywhere

This to me is a prime example of how devolution is weaponised. Health is devolved in Wales yet the NHS remains intrinsically linked UK wide. It becomes an easy target.

1 Like

For all you know it was a gift, or second hand, or from when times were better.

Or maybe you shouldn’t be able to complain about poverty unless you are wearing sack?

3 Likes

According to google they cost about 15 quid. I’m a bit confused

15 quid! You could live for a week on that if you budget properly and wear rags, don’t turn the heating on, don’t use electricity, wash, go anywhere or do anything.

2 Likes

According to 30p Lee you can live for over 2 weeks on that

‘Fuck your life’ because someone is wearing clothes while talking about debt?

1 Like

Fair enough.
Pre meditated perceptions based on appearances are not right.
Apologies

5 Likes

Raab gone

6 Likes

Sounds like he’s whining about it. I’m assuming Sunak pushed him.

I’ve heard Alastair Campbell say that when dealing with a crisis or scandal that the best advise is to work out how it is going to end and get there as fast as possible. I suspect Sunak has done this.

1 Like

In four and a half years he’s not once raised his voice or swore apparently.

1 Like

I’m not a fucking bully you fucking lowly pleb cunts and here’s why!!!

2 Likes

Corrected for accuracy

Fuck, the Tories absolutely infuriate me. Such entitled cunts. Typical that Raab is complaining as if the rules shouldn’t apply to him.

All politicians are the same tho.

4 Likes

Maybe all current Tory politicians but it’s not always been this way. At one time it was customary for a minister to offer their resignation when their department had messed up, let alone personal transgressions.

Bullying in the workplace always strikes me as ineffectual leadership. When has an ineffectual manager ever had to raise their voices “at” people. I’m not even sure what is going on with the current bunch of ministers. They mostly come from privileged backgrounds and I suspect that throwing a tantrum has usually given them what they want. I blame the parents.

2 Likes

Much as I’d like to agree, I’ve got to say, the rest of society hasn’t exactly proven them wrong either…

1 Like

Rishi fucked up here. Should have sacked him as soon as the report said anything other than he was absolutely innocent. An announcement that he had to consider the report will come back to haunt him. Jumping before you’re pushed makes the pusher look slow and indecisive.

2 Likes

This is not the first time something has happened to make him look indecisive right? I remember a similar thing happening a few weeks/months ago, but I can’t for the life of me remember what exactly…