UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

I’m just trying to think of a neutral version of “manned”. Attended, possibly?

I agree journalusts sjoild push more but in my opinion this is what you get when you strip wealth from the lower and muddle classes and point the finger at a particular group as if it was their fault.

Classic Farage tactic and people swallow it sadly.

2 Likes

Staffed?

4 Likes

It’s not just Farage though, he is just reacting to what is already there.

5 Likes

When such rhetoric is normalised by the government and the mainstream media, it creates an ideal environment for the likes of Farage to spew their bile.

6 Likes

https://x.com/i_am_mill_i_am/status/1798730347418681779

:rofl:

12 Likes

Personed

Crikey, Polls are starting to show Reform getting up to 17% share of the vote - almost all of which is at the expense of the Conservatives. The same polls seem to indicate that the conservatives who were switching to Labour, are still going to do so…Is this really possible?

https://x.com/AdamBienkov/status/1798745286355177662

3 Likes

Yeah, its been government poloicy that’s driven us into this position.

Yeah. I note that there’s concerted efforts within certain right sided press and other info outlets that are pushing against climate change and vaccines among other things.

https://x.com/ByDonkeys/status/1797872238676599121

5 Likes
4 Likes

Has the word mankind been expunged from our dictionaries yet? I hope so. Along with Man-hole. The number of female road-workers we see now is obviously 50%.

This is where FPTP gets interesting for the Conservatives. In 1993 in Canada, a Reform Party took a large chunk out of the Progressive Conservative vote, and it was geographically somewhat concentrated. The Reform Party got 18% of the popular vote and won 52 seats, while the Conservatives got 16% of the vote and won 2, delivering the Liberals a strong majority 177 seats with 41%. The vote splitting on the right would keep the Liberals in power for over a decade.

2 Likes

The really interesting possibility here is the Conservatives not being in opposition……

FIFY!

3 Likes

As usual you raise the most critical issues in society :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

I cant see that happening somehow. Not impossible though, especially if Rishi carries on with curreht form.

Got to admit part of me will miss all the memes coming out at the moment. So many golden ones.

1 Like

Prior to the last general election in Germany, there was a Q&A type format with candidate, now chancellor, Olaf Scholz, regular citizens get to ask their questions. Pensioner from a rural part of East Germany comes on, loves his little garden, gets his probably once in a lifetime chance to ask future chancellor the one question that is really, really important to him - turns out it’s about gender neutral language and that he’s really afraid to speak freely because of that. I was left there wondering what kind of impact this really has on his everyday life,what he thinks might happen to him, not working anymore, sitting in his garden, probably not publishing any academic papers anytime soon.

4 Likes

Call people what they’d prefer to be called, or don’t if you want to be a dick. Either way it will have zero impact on your life. It’s all right wing distraction, aided and abetted by most of the media

6 Likes

Can’t believe that cunt is actually canvassing.

1 Like