UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

They’ll go for Cruella. Her appalling politics trancend her colour. She’s said and done enough abysmal stuff for the membership to turn a blind eye to that.

2 Likes

In fairness, I can see why a Prime subscription can be a legitimate expense for an MP’s office.

3 Likes

i can understand the temptation once in office to benefit from the perks avaliable…ive heard some of them didnt even have Sky TV growing up…

9 Likes

Indeed, that 6 pack of Oately for the latte’s on subscription and next day delivery that they all went without for sooooo long.

Sky TV maybe Sunaks bacon sandwich

6 Likes

4 Likes

This next leadership probably isn’t very relevant. The numbers suggest an existential-level wipeout, which will leave the party a smoking ruin. The primary role for the next leader is to not lose too badly in the election after this one, somewhat reducing the Labour majority, then step down. A person of colour is perfect for that. Sort of a variation on why female CEOs are far more likely to be put in place by a firm in crisis.

4 Likes

There’s a twisted fascination to see what happens to be honest. There’s not a single moderate Conservative left in the party to my knowledge. But you also have two parties in Reform and the Tory’s which are essentially the same thing.

I dont know where a challenge to labour comes from.

Also with FPTP we may also have some weird scenarios developing. Labour getting a massive majority with possibly only 40% of the vote, Liberals winning lots of seats with no change to their current vote share and Reform with lots of votes but no seats (we hope).

Nothing is going to speed the drive to PR than the Tories suddenly having to share their space on the Overton window with someone else.

4 Likes

I there was PR now would that not result in Farage’s crew getting more seats and influence?

1 Like

Yes, but then they’d have to actually govern which is a problem for populists. Shouting is easier than doing. Their voters wouldn’t be able to continue their moaning about being sidelined and ignored too.

1 Like

More seats but, arguably, less influence. Unless the Tory’s needed them to form a government DUP style.

1 Like

There is always someone to blame.

1 Like

BBC:

Reform puts issues and arguments around gender on the first page of its “contract” of promises.

It talks about “divisive ‘woke’ ideology” and claims it has captured public institutions.

Within the first one hundred days of government, it pledges to ban what it calls “transgender ideology” in primary and secondary schools.

It says this would mean no gender questioning, social transitioning or pronoun swapping in schools, and that parents would be informed about children’s life decisions.

It also says it will review the Online Safety Bill to look at the role played by social media in promoting ideas around gender.

It promises to replace the Equality Act and says it would scrap diversity, equality and inclusion rules.

Can I point out that Nigel F isn’t me? Thanks.

2 Likes

Come on, for all the woke-baiting that you get up to, I would not accuse you of that!

2 Likes

https://x.com/LoxyFlo/status/1802811586677203212?t=0woOMGt__CO-wk7M9JI03g&s=19

‘a haunted rasher of bacon’

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes

At least Boris looks like he’ll be dead soon…

https://x.com/bmay/status/1802802287326486732?t=Xk56iGeJkSG-h9BzM6_xNQ&s=19

7 Likes

Nah! he’ll hang around like a ‘haunted rasher of bacon’ :rofl: what a load of waffling wokery, does/is he speak/ing english?

3 Likes

Flashbacks of that long winter in lockdown, having to listen to that fucker on tv every night to see when we were allowed out :scream:

3 Likes

:0)

2 Likes