UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Why don’t they just ask a friendly oligarch like anyone else?

1 Like

Wonder how often their members of parliament donate.
Its a bit like the annual children in need appeal where rich celebrities ask poor people to dig deep

1 Like

You’re going to stream Minecraft live game play aren’t you?

3 Reform candidates dropped. They really have no idea who they have standing for them. Why dont they just rename themselves the “All about Nigel” party.

Other names did spring to mind like FFP.

1 Like

At least they’ve given you a week to find it.

7 Likes

I heard that Starmer/Labour Party have been getting good donations from people/companies pushing for private health care…! A watch this space scenario maybe

2 Likes

Imagine if something was set up where millions of workers could join something like a union and donate weekly/monthly from their pay packets to a political party…

2 Likes

https://x.com/LordRennard/status/1807168320296083944?t=w96Fy3uSWWNr5sr1kTNMcg&s=19

5 Likes

I think the best counter argument that anyone would beat Sunak, is that it has been shit for 14 years…. Which is a sad indictment of the Labour Party.

It also should not be underestimated that it was Starmer who cornered Johnson. Trapping him in his lies,leading to his downfall.

3 Likes

https://x.com/jdpoc/status/1806798264018047428?t=zlb2XP-94gvpsGG3sYPUqg&s=19

I cannot wait to see the back of these lying, devious, immoral cunts.

10pm Thursday cannot come quickly enough.

9 Likes

That’s ok then.

1 Like

The Tories really did get lucky with fucking wars and COVID which they could use to obscure their abysmal financial record. " Oh it was COVID and Russia’s fault" is the excuse for everything.

2 Likes

You forgot Corbyn. It’s all his fault.

2 Likes

FIFY

Blair was basically a Tory anyway, so you can have him.

2 Likes

Ian Prowse has a brilliant take on the election.
The Tories have move frm central right towards UKIP/Reform and the centre right vacancy has been filled by Starmers Labour.

Corbyns ghost is exorcised, and the spirit of Labour has bern crushed in the process. Thus, no viable opposition in the UK for another 20 years.

4 Likes

From a winning an election perspective, that isn’t such a bad idea. However, it isn’t Labour’s job to compensate for the fact that the centre-right party has been wiped out of existence.

I suppose the question is, where do your traditional One Nation Conservative voters stick their cross? The Tories are beyond the pale. The Liberal Democrats possibly tick the box economically but not socially. The Labour party probably is, traditionally, more socially conservative than, say, the Greens, but they can’t be all things to all people.

There is a definite case for a Christian Democratic type party and electoral reform, but I don’t see either of those things happening.

3 Likes

An excellent deconstruction of Rishi Sunak here ;

2 Likes

Pity politicians only listen to such surveys when it suits them.

3 Likes

7 Likes