UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Any individual unit, Ahem, plenty for prisoners.

1 Like

Itā€™s been know :slight_smile:

Plus if I were PM Iā€™d instantly give myself total power of everything so could issue any planning required. Benevolent dictatorship, perfect governance. As long as Iā€™m the one doing the dictating.

Just in case anyone was still thinking of voting Conservative tomorrow, this sums up the tragedy of the last fourteen years quite nicely:

5 Likes

So to summarise (although not everything as I got bored cutting and pasting.

Sure Start centres, Connexions, legal aid budget cut;
Local government budgets were slashed, Audit Commission was axed;
Working age benefits frozen, Local housing and Child Benefit cap:
Educational maintenance allowance and Student grants scrapped:
Tuition fees in England tripled but new schools are all hacked.
No capital for floods, prisons, transport or power stations
ā€œGreen crapā€ cut and Green deal gone so no insulations.
Brexit done so all your rights gone along with controlled immigration
No right to protest, voter ID, oligarchs do what they want.
No growth, food backs, sleeping rough, no GP appointments and high hospital waiting times.
No dentists, no ambulances, no social careā€¦

Kind of feel that they did start the fire. Probably accounts for why they have got rich, there is no rule of law and the national debt has tripled without the nation seeing a single benefit to show for it.

4 Likes

Why, it almost looks as though they have been running things for themselves and their billionaire paymasters.

Almost.

2 Likes

But @PeachesEnRegalia hasnā€™t been seen. Wait you said on TV.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll stop here, not because i think youā€™re right, more because continuing the discussion has gone beyond daft.

1 Like

I am just so f***ing miserable !! :slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes

Once itā€™s a moveable object

2 Likes

Well thatā€™s gonna help.

2 Likes

They spend so much money, above and beyond the initial budget, protecting the Tory shires from the visual impact of HS2 after intense lobbying from MPs and councillors, that they had no money left to complete to northern leg.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s nothing daft about actually doing things rather than discussing, planning, procrastinating and dithering. Our conversations about Spacex show our ideas on these things. Iā€™d have a new prison running first day, dead easy. Nasa would still be planning it in 3 years and it would be obscolete when finished.

Well, maybe this will cheer you up:

3 Likes

Basically yeah. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d say it was 100% Conservative. Oxfordshire is a lib dem / green council with a Conservative chair for example but it does highlight the huge problems with uk major infrastructure projects and planning.

I got involved a teeny bit with the Crossrail inquiry. Quite eyewatering guessing the money involved in that tiny piece i was involved in. Ultimately I was denied my 5 minutes of fame giving evidence in Westminster. Thankfully, too. I was bricking it given the people in that room that day.

I was looking for a job, then I found a job
And heaven knows Iā€™m miserable now
(Because the national minimum wage doesnā€™t cover family essentials and Iā€™m still reliant on Universal Credit)

2 Likes

Is this the choice we have for PM? :frowning_face:
Two of the worst candidates in recent years. Sunak v Starmer.

Edit: and three, Farage!

I went Greggs which cheered me up. Their sandwiches are better than Tescoā€™s

2 Likes

Vote Greggs, then.

And when we end up with another five years of the Conservatives, donā€™t complain about it.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s because Greggs is the ultimate comfort food.

1 Like