UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Indeed, how many governments around the world have an anti Zionist policy?

1 Like

You just need a hug

4 Likes

I hope people still go out and use their vote wisely despite this. We all have a once in a lifetime opportunity to twat the Tories into 3rd place and have the Lib Dems become the official opposition.

4 Likes

https://x.com/yougov/status/1808531046377426999?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

2 Likes

After the Iraq War, and my opposition to it, I couldn’t remain in the Labour Party after that. It was too big an evil to be complicit in.

So I resigned my membership, and voted Green for the remainder of the Blair years. I voted for Brown, although more because it looked like the Tories were properly back at that point.

I rejoined the party when Corbyn was standing for leader.

I have left wing friends who have decided to leave Starmer’s Labour now. And my response has been ‘What? Now? You remained in the party while Tony Blair was killing 100,000 people on a fucking whim, and destabilising a region for a generation? But Keir Starmer trying to win an election from the centre ground is too much for you?’

3 Likes

Christ I hate these bellends. Absolute tap in merchants.

4 Likes

Why are you angry? I thought Labor/Starmer was trying to woo them.

Vegan sausage roll?

ct.gif

If that’s the Greggs one it’s a masterpiece. It doesn’t taste like imitation meat. It actually tastes nice.

God knows what’s actually in it - although that’s largely the thrill of sausages anyway.

4 Likes

Those Vegan Sausage rolls were selling like hot cakes.
The vegetable patty is lovely.

I don’t eat sausages, so i wouldn’t know.

1 Like

Does anyone know what is happening with postal votes in the UK?

I received mine a couple of weeks ago as an overseas voter but I know many people in EU countries that haven’t had one.

I have also heard multiple reports in the UK of people not receiving them in time. I don’t know if there is a pattern. The government appear to be blaming the Royal Mail but my brother (who is a postman) says that they have been delivering everything that has been sent.

This is particularly a problem in Scotland where it is peak summer holiday week.

3 Likes

What do their hot cakes sell like?

7 Likes

I got my postal vote a few weeks ago. It is all this government’s fault, not the postal service.

1 Like

It’s the waiting to see who’s going to win, switching at the last, claiming you won it for them.

4 Likes

It’s THE S*N, what did you expect :laughing:

2 Likes

I hope this is wrong and they end up 3rd, the cunts.

2 Likes

Media equivalent of full-kit wankers

3 Likes

Or a half and half scarf at the United match?

It is an idiom, my Dad used to use it. :joy:
The hot cakes are always sold out.

1 Like

Yes, it just amused me because it is something that Greggs could conceivably sell.

1 Like