UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Tories hold Croydon South - I think that means Chris Philps still in

3 Likes

Chris Philp. The man who doesn’t know that Rwanda and the Congo are different countries.

3 Likes

Basildon was really close -

The final tally from Basildon and Billericay showed Tory Party Chairman Richard Holden won the seat by the slimmest of majorities - 20 votes.

He got 12,905 votes Labour came a close second with 12,885. Reform were third with 11,354 votes.

3 Likes

Which is why people shouldn’t vote for joke candidates.

3 Likes

Guy Opperman, another minister, has lost his seat.

1 Like

Labour or Reform?

Conservative or Reform.

1 Like

Sunak holds. He has conceded the election in his speech.

Hunt holds as well.

3 Likes

If the independent had won, then she would have been the first (or one of the first) MPs born in the new millennium.

1 Like

Fair dues to Hunt; that was a very gracious speech he just gave.

1 Like

I love that he highlighted the importance of democracy. I don’t agree with him on pretty much everything, but I think this is one thing that most would agree with him on.

1 Like

BBC Analysis suggesting Labour could lose another 3 seats because of challenges by independents

1 Like

Rees-Mogg out.

And Labour now have 327 seats, so will have a majority.

4 Likes

It would have been hilarious if North East Somerset was the 326th seat to declare for Labour, but sadly it wasn’t.

Still good to get rid of that haunted pencil though.

2 Likes

Right, I’m off to bed. Been up for 24 hours.

Have a good day, all. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

327 seats for labour achieved

1 Like

Invoking my inner @Klopptimist (urgh), now it has to be said.

Congratulations Sir Keir Starmer, now let’s see if your actions can repay the faith of the people who voted for your party. Let’s hope that you can bring competence to the running of this country and its institutions.

2 Likes

@cynicaloldgit

Massive Labour own goal here.

4 Likes

My seat has gone Labour by a massive margin. Previously it was SNP with Conservative close and Labour trailing in third.

I had been worried that the Labour would split the anti-Tory vote but the Tories have been knocked into 4th place.

2 Likes

BBC now reporting that Liz Truss may end up third.