UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Yes that was a talking point throughout the night about low turnout. I think the lowest since 2005?

Will be interesting to see from the analysys who lost out/ benefitted most from that.

1 Like

Add that to the vote share of Lib Dems , I would hazard a guess and say that British politics by and large is conservative to right center driven and that reflects on the voting mindset of the people.

The gains by labour won’t stick

1 Like

Tbf those that care more for lower taxes over repairing the social structure of the country are likely the types that voted Conservative and Lib-Dems anyway.

If it’s necessary to raise taxes to begin to fix the country then so be it!

1 Like

But still, his oratory skills
seem to get naive people believe in him.

He needs to watched like a hawk and see if he lives up to being an MP. Will he answer all his constituents letters and grievances, I doubt it.

Reform to me is just a sanitised version of the BNP, where racists and misogynists can hide and spew out as much bigoted language as possible.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s that freedom of conscience, expression and association that did for her. And she would have gotten away with it if it wasn’t for those citizens and their pesky rights.

4 Likes

Crikey. I went to bed at 5. Just looking at the results so far lib dem have jumped back up to 71 seats. Initial forecast put them on 60÷ but then reduced to just below 50 at around 2am.

2 Likes

The big danger in this is the near likelihood that the reform party will merge with the tory’s for the next election

This would take the tory’s down the US Republican party route.

Not unless Labour gets things done.

2 Likes

Take some expresso coffee and have a good rest after work.

2 Likes

Have you seen his oratory skills when challenged? He is no Enoch Powell or Oswald Mosley.

Of course, it does rely on parliament having a competent speaker.

3 Likes

First-ever Labour win in my area (Basingstoke), apparently!

4 Likes

Note to self:
Avoid the following areas if you don’t want to get beaten up.
Ashfield
Boston and Skegness
Clacton
Great Yarmouth

Edit: pretend to look white by wearing loads and loads of foundation on your face and wear a t shirt with a union jack or reform badge.

8 Likes

How did ya boi Pedro do, @Maria?

1 Like

Yes, he is rubbish when he is challenged. He gets alot of radio, tv and newspaper time.

I am going text his mum.
We wanted to be with him at Ealing Townhall, but Pedro forgot to fill out the form on 26th June of how many people are allowed to go with him.
He was finishing is A levels at the time.

4 Likes

They have a choice here.

Go with Farage, or reset, be sensible and look to reclaim the centre ground which is where elections are won.

A problem they have is they still have a few nut job MP’s in post and they will naturally look further to the right.

1 Like

Last place, 213 votes apparently.

3 Likes

ICYMI

https://x.com/implausibleblog/status/1809120310458724579?t=9bc-8lpkp19rVjKf1en4Og&s=19

8 Likes

Sounds more like France than the US, with LR effectively surrendering to NR.

2 Likes

Any word on whether he was allowed to have Sky TV as a child?

4 Likes

Pedro got 213 votes. He was expecting round about this figure.
Not bad for an 18 year old.

4 Likes